• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories EVO Screen Protectors Thread

im leaning towards boxwave but they dont have them on the website yet.... anybody have any info? Maybe clarivue is beter choice?:thinking:

As far as I know clarivue is shipping now, and boxwave which.is the best IMO will not have em until after the release. I would wait for the boxwave, I used clarivue on my incredible and it wasn't nearly as good as boxwave. Anti-glare was very foggy and for some reason just didn't cover the entire screen.

Upvote 0
Just a heads up I just ordered a Clarivue ultra-clear.. said its on backorder for 4 - 8 days but i got it pretty cheap... if you search for Evo 4g it will show up as 15.99 .. but if you go to "Phones & PDAs" and then find HTC in the list and go down a few rows to the Evo it shows up as 12.99 .. then if you use coupon code "Clarivue7" it will give you another $1.60 or so off.. came out to 11.39 or something close for me ... not bad for a protector and frees up my $20 at radio shack for something else

Upvote 0
Ok so sorry if this is ignorant, but without reading the whole thread, I was curious as to what kind of screen protector this is, that I have in mind.

My friend had one on her BlackBerry where if you looked at the screen from any other angle than almost straight on, it would look black. Would this work on the Evo?

Privacy.....clarivue has it!

Upvote 0
Has anyone here tried using soapy water to install a Clarivue? I forget the brand, but a while back I bought a screen protector that came with its own soapy water solution in a spray bottle. I have used this method on other brands that didn't have it in their instructions with good results. Curious if this would work on a Clarivue as well.

Upvote 0
Has anyone here tried using soapy water to install a Clarivue? I forget the brand, but a while back I bought a screen protector that came with its own soapy water solution in a spray bottle. I have used this method on other brands that didn't have it in their instructions with good results. Curious if this would work on a Clarivue as well.

I have only used BSE SP's on my BB. While it is not necessary to use a liquid solution to install, I see no reason it would hurt anything. The main reason to using a liquid is to allow you to move/position the SP during installation and get it lined up perfectly. I know a lot of people freak out at the thought of using any type of liquid on their phone, but some care and common sense, and it all works out OK.

Upvote 0
Just an FYI, for those of you who have never installed a screen protector before, or those who have never heard of/done/or tried this trick. If you are worried about dust under the SP try this, go into your bath room and turn on your shower to HOT and close the door for a few minutes. You want to get it all steamy in there, this will get any and all dust out of the air. Then you can do your install there without worrying about dust :D

Reactions: clwoodwork
Upvote 0
Ok I've been reading threads on screen protectors for a while now. Some like Zagg or BoxWave Phantom Skinz most like Clarivue and Steinheil and XO there's so many. Anti fingerprint clear. My friend wants the privacy one. I have no idea which one to get. I guess I need one before the phone gets here. But it's so hard for me to choose ad so many of you like different ones. I just want a clear one I guess where it doesn't effect the touch screen and wipes off pretty easy. I know there's anti fingerprint but I may like the clear better too. I need to order one now and am lost as to which one. Guess I need to decide quick. I'll have someone else put it on for me cause I'm no good at it. I just want a decent one to cover my screen. I don't care about a full body one and don't know if there good to use or not.

Edit: Just read some reviews from here that someone posted http://forums.precentral.net/palm-p...skins-ever-clear-coat-zagg-vaja-fortte-2.html Looks like Phantom Skins got good reviews are they available now? Guess I'll search.

Upvote 0
Ok I've been reading threads on screen protectors for a while now. Some like Zagg or BoxWave Phantom Skinz most like Clarivue and Steinheil and XO there's so many. Anti fingerprint clear. My friend wants the privacy one. I have no idea which one to get. I guess I need one before the phone gets here. But it's so hard for me to choose ad so many of you like different ones. I just want a clear one I guess where it doesn't effect the touch screen and wipes off pretty easy. I know there's anti fingerprint but I may like the clear better too. I need to order one now and am lost as to which one. Guess I need to decide quick. I'll have someone else put it on for me cause I'm no good at it. I just want a decent one to cover my screen. I don't care about a full body one and don't know if there good to use or not.

Well, the Clarivue come 2 to a pack. I'm awaiting a reply from them on whether or not you can order a "combo" pack of 1 clear and 1 anti glare. Then you would have each to decide which you like best without ordering 2 complete 2 packs of each. I will report back as soon as I get a response.

I agree, something so simple, should be a much easier decision.

Reactions: Rose4uKy
Upvote 0
Is the clarivue in stock already? I'll have to decide in the next day or two I guess. It it clear and anti glare or anti fingerprint? I've seen both being mentioned. I agree it should be much easier to decide. I just know I need one before the 4th and it's getting close to that time. And I'm supposed to get the phone a couple days early..

Upvote 0
Is the clarivue in stock already? I'll have to decide in the next day or two I guess. It it clear and anti glare or anti fingerprint? I've seen both being mentioned. I agree it should be much easier to decide. I just know I need one before the 4th and it's getting close to that time. And I'm supposed to get the phone a couple days early..

The clear is back ordered right now, says it will ship in 4-8 days. Anti glare is considered the anti fingerprint option, because it is a matte finish as opposed to a clear/shiny surface.

Upvote 0
Just an FYI, for those of you who have never installed a screen protector before, or those who have never heard of/done/or tried this trick. If you are worried about dust under the SP try this, go into your bath room and turn on your shower to HOT and close the door for a few minutes. You want to get it all steamy in there, this will get any and all dust out of the air. Then you can do your install there without worrying about dust :D

Very good advice! I did this for my Droid and had no problems with dust. It's the worst when dust gets under the screen protector because it makes tiny air bubbles.

Upvote 0
I have put in an order for the clarivue anti privacy film. I have order a few from them in the past and like their quality. Hate the orange peel effect of the Zagg, BSE...etc. They do tend to run a tad smaller but I can live with it. I ride the bus to work and I hate people sitting next to me looking over if I'm on my phone and they seem to be one of the only ones right now that have the anti privacy version.

Reactions: Rose4uKy
Upvote 0
It's funny, the Evo is the first phone with a large enough screen I can actually see a need for a privacy SP.

Clarivue protectors do run a littke under-size (check out my previous post). That is my only complaint about them. How are the Steinheil protectors in comparison, do they typically have a better fit?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones