• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo Screen will not turn on

WhiteNoise

Feb 23, 2010
Missouri
Greetings,
Since the last software update every other time I turn my Evo on in the mornings the screen will not come on. The phone is working just fine, I still get alerts etc. and the bottom 4 lights will light up if I hit the lock button. Only thing I can do is pull the battery. Any suggestions or links if this has been covered already.

Took it back to the store last night and showed them that the screen would still not respond after so long. They swapped the phone for a new one and said it is the first time they have seen one do that. They figured out it had something to do with being charged. So if your screen goes to sleep while charging and does not come up, even after hard reset, ask for a new one. Thank you Sprint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones