Evo shift Loads slow Wth?Support

1. barberboy

barberboy Well-Known Member

I been having this issue off and on daily for several months where my shift has the little black box that says loading after I exit an app. Its really annoying I'm like I hope I would never have to call 911 I would be SOL lol. Sometime after it takes 10-15 seconds or more to clear the loading screen the htc screen will show for a cpl seconds. What gives:confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. crump

crump Well-Known Member

When HTC put out the Gingerbread update they set the memory setting way to aggressive. There's a couple other threads discussing the same thing. Couple of things that may help: take the latest OTA pushed out, seems to reduce the amount of "sense reloading", disable fastboot and disable screen on/off animation. Most of these are just temporary fixes until HTC and Sprint actually push out a real update but it should help.
    barberboy likes this.
  3. lthomps52

lthomps52 Member

I have been having this same problem and I have the latest updates. I also turned off fast boot and it still does it. Any advice to stop or fix this?
  4. barberboy

lol another silly question. How do you disable fastboot?
  5. crump

crump Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's in the power settings.

I just thought about this, if your temp rooted you can use AutoKiller optimizer from the market to change the memory settings. Here's a thread how to set it up. xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] 2011-08-04 - ROOTED "Official Update" - x99_GB_Sense_Stock_Rooted_2.76.651.4/5 You'll lose these setting once you reboot and lose root. This still isn't a permanent solution but should help.
    barberboy likes this.
  6. barberboy

Thanks crump ill check it out. Some people say (well a sprint rep) autokiller lookout apps like that mess up ur phone but then two it took them dang near two wks to figure out some sensor in my screen was out lol Thanx again Im headin over to xda
  7. barberboy

It tells me (Autokiller) that I have no root and the first cpl coloums are grayed in o_O?
  8. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Stupid question, has anyone tried a different launcher to solve this? Maybe adw or something similar will help with the sense loading issues... Just a thought. I can't test it because I'm not running the update, and have not had the loading issue in a long while...
  9. kjjm

kjjm Member

I've been using ADW for a while and like it so much that I bought the EX version today. It's very customizable, and fast. It does redraw itself occasionally, but nowhere near as often as Sense reloaded after the 2.3 update.

As for Sense widget replacements, I use Fancy Widget Pro for the clock & weather, Simple Calendar, & Contact Widget. I also use MySettings Pro.

So far, it's all working very well for me and I'm not missing Sense all that much.
    barberboy likes this.
  10. lthomps52

lthomps52 Member

Since using ADW I have not had the problem with the loading. I think I will be sticking to ADW from now on. Goodbye Sense.
  11. slurp812

slurp812 Active Member

I just started using GO Launcher, its faster, and no reload issues. Not quite as pretty as Sense in some respects, but there are tons of GO widgets, and others you can get to make your phone even better that sense ever was...
  12. barberboy

Good stuff rite here! using adw now my settings pro 2.99 think ill pass at this moment
  13. davishd

davishd New Member

Disabling fast boot (settings, power and unchecking fastboot) absolutely fixes the loading delay message with Gingerbread on the EVO Shift.

Wish I'd found this simple and effective solution months ago. Seems like this is however something theat HTC should have been able to fix.

Just hope the EVO Shift gets Ice Cream and I will forgive HTC for this oversight....
  14. KingJames4166

KingJames4166 New Member

To disable fastboot on the HTC Evo Shift 4G go to your home screen, tap the menu button, select settings, scroll down to power and slelect it, then uncheck the fastboot check box.