Evo sold out everywhere on earth?

Last Updated:

1. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been looking everywhere, calling Best Buy everyday twice a day (they get afternoon shipments too) and looking online. They just don't seem to exist and no one has the same answer on the reason behind it. I don't want to jump over to an Iphone at all but it is the next best thing to the Evo, in my opinion and I can get one within a couple days at most. Yes, there is the antenna issue but if you use a case the problem is eliminated and I cant see rocking a $200 phone with no case on it. HTC won't have any till Aug 30th, Best Buy claims to get a couple in per week that go to their extensive wait list and Sprint stores are the same. Does anyone have any info on where to maybe find an Evo or have a reason why they can't produce more of them at a rate of more than a couple per week per store? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Biddy

Biddy Member

good luck

3. anon

anon Member

I ordered mine through abenity, they handle my schools discount program. I paid for it on Sunday and received it on Tuesday. It's a great phone, I left the iphone for it. Check to see if if company or school or a friends school uses abenity.

4. Jonhern

Jonhern Well-Known Member

Try Walmart, Costco and I think Sears as well.

5. Rdot9

Rdot9 Well-Known Member

they sold >9000!!!!!!!!!

6. dubtecv2

dubtecv2 Member

A local Sprint store gets a few Evos in every Saturday. They've already gone through their waiting list so the Evos they get are for public sale. I purchased one last Saturday. I do not know if they would be willing to ship, but it's worth a shot. Sprint store in Rockwall, TX on White Hills Dr.

7. axisofoil

axisofoil Well-Known Member

Prescott, arizona. We have a plethora in stock everywhere.

8. Firemans Wife

Firemans Wife Well-Known Member

I have been in search of an EVO for over a week and no one is getting any (best buy, radio shack, sprint, walmart, sams club) and they all have long waiting lists too. They are sold out online everywhere aswell. what gives? The radio shack guy said some thing about a parts manufacturer anyone know anything about this?

9. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from Sprint last Friday "over the phone" they told me it would be 2 weeks it took 4 days. :D

10. Firemans Wife

Wow, I'm getting a totally different story all of the sudden. Last week Best Buy, Walmart and the local sprint store had quite a few each, now everywhere is sold out and not getting anymore in. I placed my order on Best Buys online site on Sunday and not a half an hour later you could no longer order it. When I placed the order it didn't say it was backordered but got an email the next morning stating this was the case. I called them and they said they aren't getting shipements at the moment.

11. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

The Evo is an urban legend. Disregard all the videos out there, they're dummy phones with CGI editing. Anybody that has something resembling an Evo is just holding a plastic box with a pre-recorded video playing on screen to make it seem as though it's real.

Nobody REALLY has one, now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go hide before the techno midgets come to take me to solitary confinement for releasing the actual truth of the what's goi--

EleventhHour2139 and Kaskimondo like this.
  12. maui9111

maui9111 Member

I live in Scottsdale, AZ...and I just got my girlfriend one last weekend. The rep said they had 11 of them in stock. Also, when I had a problem with my screen about a month after release, then gave me a new one the same day.

13. Firemans Wife

Yeah last week there were some around and not hard to find, now and for the past 5+ days, there are none, I called the best buy corp mobile and they have none in the warehouse for shipping and there are no stores in Colorado spring, Pueblo or Denver or anywhere remotely close to any of these places with any. Called walmarts online ordering center and she said the earliest they will be shipping more out is Aug 30? Radio Shack said they haven't had a waiting list in weeks and now all of the sudden there are no more coming in and 20+ people on the waiting list at each store!

14. Tyler Perez

Tyler Perez Well-Known Member

I'm in Southern California, Huntington Beach Area, I couldn't find one anywhere within 50 miles--All stores had a wait list of over 50-80 people. I ended up meeting a guy at a bar while playing pool. Come to find out he was an employee at sprint. He got me the phone the next morning.

* These sprint employees don't like to sell the phone if they are resigning your contract. They are commission based, they make more money if they sell the phone for flat out cash.

15. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

From my expereience, they come and go at random times... and they go fast. Its all about being at the right place at the right time.

16. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

I do believe they are only sold out in the USA!!

17. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member

Sams clubs also can carry them. The kiosk salesman there 'claims' the delay is based on 002 screens no longer available and 003 screens having a high rejection rate at the factory. At least that's his theory..

18. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums it up. I got mine by being at Radio Shack and overhearing a conversation with the manager. He was trying to be discrete in telling a customer over the phone that he was getting a shipment the following day. His shoulders sagged when I walked over and informed him that I heard what he said, and I wanted one too. I was unenthusiastically put on the hold list, and had my new Evo the following morning.

19. DonRSD

DonRSD Member

radio shack, sams club, walmart, bestbuy

i found mine @ bestbuy around july 23 by calling every store i listed above 2xs a day.
    i called muliple stores in my area.

i happened to call a best buy about 10 miles away and they had them instock when i called around 1145am (im in south florida)

just keep plugging away and youll find it.

hard work will always = results.
    put in the work and you should have one by mid next week.

20. caldzzbuff

caldzzbuff Member

Like others have said putting in the hard work and a lot of calling around will help. I called all the sprint, Best Buys, Radio shacks and Walmarts within a 50 mile radius to get mine. The smaller walmart in the are was the only one to have any and they had two. It was a long shot but I busted tail over there and got lucky.

21. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I will start trying Sams Club and Sears. As far as Wal Mart goes- do different Wal Marts carry different phone carriers? The Wal Marts in my area have either told me they dont have sprint products or dont carry phones at all. Been calling BB twice a day for a week or so with no luck... :mad:

edit: Just called Costco. They don't carry sprint phones at all. Neither do any walmarts in my area. The Sears I called said that they won't ever be carrying the Evo. Just a couple other HTC phones. Looks like im limited to Best Buy, Radio Shack and Sprint stores. All with terrible long wait lists. My current phone is on its last leg and if it dies sooner than later I'll have to go Iphone... :(

22. zaphon

zaphon Member

I'm looking for one as well as I'm fed up with my iPhone 3GS. But it seems that no one has one around where I live (Pasadena, CA), and the Sprint online store won't take an order for one to ship at some future date (I don't care when it ships, I just want to get one, and it would be so much easier to order one and get it when it's available). So I feel your pain.

23. Chaco

Chaco Well-Known Member

my friend drove today 30 miles to a sprint store that had some.. and finally got his evo.. just came home so i could help him set it up

now he is rocking! hell yea

24. Firemans Wife

Got an EVO today! Finally. It was a matter of being at the right place at the right time! We were there to look at car audio and just stopped by the mobile to see if they had any (even though I had already called twice today) and the guy said no. So about 2 minutes later he came running up to us and said that the one EVO that they had for someone on the waiting list, the guy called in and cancelled, and so the BB guy asked us if we wanted it! It was pure luck! So called to cancel the order through best buy online and the guy was in shock that we got it! He said their warehouse is out and has been out. Crazy it all fell into place! So excited, LOVING IT!

25. Snow Gator

Snow Gator Member

I have two lines. I have my EVO and love it. I ordered it from Sprint at the end of June and now I wanted to order a 2nd one. Sprint told me tonight after talking to 3 people and being on hold for 45 minutes between them that they DO NOT let anyone pre-order the EVO any longer.
    You have to go to Sprint stores (that laughed at me Literally) when I asked them and Best Buy that stated they do not know when they will get more. So here I am a Sprint customer for 12 years that can't get a phone. I am in the Minneapolis area. Great selling campaign.