• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo Sprint Advocate chosen at my local Sprint store

From what I've read, the Incredible has 8gb internal storage AND a slot for a microSD that's upgradable to 16gb

Droid Incredible by HTC| Mobile Phones | Verizon Wireless

According to the website, it says 512MB ROM and 512MB RAM

It seems to me like people are still confusing internal storage with ROM. They're not the same thing. The EVO spec sheets have indicated 1GB ROM and 512 RAM, but that has no indication of what the internal storage is.

yeah, it comes with a microsd SLOT, but doesn't come with a microsd memory card for that slot. some people were getting a 2gb card as a introductory special or something, but the majority won't get a card. so you have to go and spend more money if you want a card for your phone.

Upvote 0
yeah, it comes with a microsd SLOT, but doesn't come with a microsd memory card for that slot. some people were getting a 2gb card as a introductory special or something, but the majority won't get a card. so you have to go and spend more money if you want a card for your phone.

Only the orders that were mistakenly shipped early didn't get the card.

I got mine on the 29th and it came with it.

Upvote 0

Doesn't matter. The point I was making is that it has both the microSD slot and the internal storage.

It troubles me that the EVO may not have both. It just wouldn't make sense w/ the HDMI out, you figure they'd want to provide a customer as much storage as possible, which would mean just as much as the Incredible (at minimum).

Well, we'll see the real stats when it's released.

Upvote 0
Doesn't matter. The point I was making is that it has both the microSD slot and the internal storage.

It troubles me that the EVO may not have both. It just wouldn't make sense w/ the HDMI out, you figure they'd want to provide a customer as much storage as possible, which would mean just as much as the Incredible (at minimum).

Well, we'll see the real stats when it's released.

i'll give you this point. that makes alot of sense. maybe ajac, in hurrying up trying to utilize his 5 mins wisely, read the phone data wrong, or just simply missed it. because all other leaks have said it will have onboard memory. especially when the same company is making the phone with alot of similarities. that would be a big thing to leave out, unless the EVO is included with a 16gig card ala the droid.

Upvote 0
i'll give you this point. that makes alot of sense. maybe ajac, in hurrying up trying to utilize his 5 mins wisely, read the phone data wrong, or just simply missed it. because all other leaks have said it will have onboard memory. especially when the same company is making the phone with alot of similarities. that would be a big thing to leave out, unless the EVO is included with a 16gig card ala the droid.

it has 1 gig but comes with an 8gb sand disk micro sd card doesnt need onboard memory when it has that.

Upvote 0
Oh, and btw, when I started the thread, I just said that the Advocate had been chosen, not that they had received the Evo in their hands. Something tells me that won't happen until around that launch party or whatever next week.

Anyone out there, other than ajac09, see one in person? Ajac09, was it an actual Advocate phone you saw, or a display phone?

Upvote 0
Ajac got himself banned - you'll have to find him elsewhere if you want to substantiate his story.

LOL well banning usually means I don't need substantiation. He also said the keyboard was a little odd getting used to.... Um, it's got the largest screen of any Android phone so far. I would think the keyboard would be no problem for anyone used to Android. If it is an issue, get Smart Keyboard. Best few bucks I've ever spent.

Upvote 0
LOL well banning usually means I don't need substantiation. He also said the keyboard was a little odd getting used to.... Um, it's got the largest screen of any Android phone so far. I would think the keyboard would be no problem for anyone used to Android. If it is an issue, get Smart Keyboard. Best few bucks I've ever spent.

The width of the Evo screen in portrait will almost be same as the width of the entire Sprint HTC Hero, bezel and all (comparing the HD2 at Fry's, to my Sprint Hero).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones