Evo still sold out through best buy, sprint, and radioshack

Last Updated:

1. ultramodern

ultramodern Active Member This Topic's Starter

I know a lot of people are saying its very easy to find Evos but I can't get my hands on one. Best buy gets an order of them and they sell out within an hour and sprint is still going through their waiting list. Radio shack almost never gets shipments in. I've been calling a ton of stores in my area and they say its sold out everywhere. I call up everyday. Where can I get it?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

One of the local best buys in southwest Florida is getting a shipment in today or tomorrow (on top of the one that they still have in stock). My wife is getting hers replaced and they said it would be no problem.

3. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

Get on multiple waiting lists. I've also heard Wal-Mart is a good bet.

4. teky

teky Well-Known Member

I saw that...must be a very out-of-the-way place where they are available, because everything I've read says otherwise. The shortage is so bad that Sprint employees still can't get them. Those poor folks have been put off until sometime in August.

5. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine called every single Sprint store and Best Buy in NYC and was unable to find one in stock. She tried a few Radsioshacks with no luck either, but did not call all of them.

6. bojackr1

bojackr1 Member

I'm in NYC and I've called multiple stores in Manhattan and the surrounding boroughs and a lot of stores have them. I was helping a co-worker search yesterday (7/27/10) and we found plenty of them. I asked 1 store if i needed to leave a credit card number in order for him to hold one, he was like "Nah, just be here before we close we have PLENTY!!

7. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

hmm.. dunno what to say about that at all. I was not hanging around as she made the calls, but I cannot imagine that she would lie about it. She's super psyched about getting the phone and she's not even paying for it (it's a bday gift)

Oh well.

8. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I got mine about a month ago and I got very lucky. I walked into a BB and started talking the the phone salesman. of course the EVO came up. I said do you have any in stock, hes like yea, got about 40 in today and there is about 10 left. I said damn, my upgrade isnt for another week and a half. We called Sprint and they let me upgrade at 11.5 mos. made my day. At this point, I think its just a matter of being at the right place at the right time. Make random calls on a regular basis to BB, The Shack and Sprint stores in your area ans ask if they got any in.

9. 81_

81_ Banned

make sure you tell them you are a new customer when you call...even if you aren't. its a game they like to play

10. RobertViper

RobertViper New Member

I'm so jealous and frustrated. I've been waiting forever to get an EVO and now everyone is talking about Froyo. I've been patiently waiting for them to be back in stock online b/c I can get the plan through the Everything Plus Referral Program, but it doesn't sound like they will be getting any in stock for the online store in a long time.

11. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

mm the sucks, well i go online on amazon took like 10 days to get it fut i think is the fastest option and the update is really nice the sprint is actually ahead now

12. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

check craigslist, just dont get scammed. i have a lot of exp with cellphones and craigslist, but that doesnt mean it wont happen. i think i heard walmart had some

13. manny84

manny84 Well-Known Member

Just call lots of Sprint stores constantly and check for availability. That's what I did. Good luck dude.

14. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for all you guys who are still waiting to get an EVO. I can't imagine how frustrating it is, but my only consolation is that when you do get it, it will probably already come with Froyo pre-installed - which might* be the cause of some delay. Not sure. Keep your heads up folks this phone is worth the wait.

15. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

It is worth the wait. You will have it soon :)
    Mine is gone :( waiting on the insurance claim after only having a week with it. Im going through withdraw, but my girlfriend is happy to have some attention haha :cool:

16. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

the white one will be released to sprint ( corporate stores and im assuming online) august 4th.. that will probably be your best bet to snag one online

17. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member

Don't forget to try Radio Shack! Thats where I got mine. They get their shipments on Thursdays and Fridays...

18. silliybilly

silliybilly Well-Known Member

I was able to find one last night but only after someone that had one reserved at Best Buy didn't pick it up after 24 hours! The east side store only got 5 in and I was 7 on the list. I called the west side store and they had 2 white EVOs that had been reserved for other people. But it had been over 30 hours and neither people had come in or returned calls with-in the 24 hours rain check policy. So the 2 phones were up for grabs. So, all I can suggest is keep calling different stores.

19. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Try calling around to Radio Shack and Best buy stores in your area.

20. bojackr1

bojackr1 Member

If u still haven't found one and need an alley-oop. I can search for more, I was checking smaller stores, Penn plaza, some of the Lexington ave stores too. Radio Wack and Best Buy are too obvious of choices and thats where everyone looks.

21. beluga

beluga Member

22. mrancier

mrancier Active Member

I got one yesterday at one of my local walmart stores. Said they got one on wednesday. The also had Droid Xs. I've read many posts of people finding them in local walmart stores, and now I am one of those people. You out to go in and check, if you have a Walmart in your area that carries sprint.

23. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Im having a hard time replacing my Evo the stores don't have any.

24. Mongoos150

Mongoos150 Well-Known Member

I've been on these so-called 'waiting lists' for almost a month at several stores around LA and have yet to receive one. When I call, I get varying stories from "you should be receiving a call tonight!" to "it'll be another two weeks." I think the people at the store are dicking around and simply selling to whoever is in the store at that moment.

Even calling to check my status (position) on the list is totally inconsistent from day-to-day and employee-to-employee.

Quickly losing my patience. Not sure what alternative - not interested in the X.

25. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

I work at radioshack, and there are several calls a week about them. I simply tell them we are not getting shipments of them in right now, and that they won't be able to get one around my area easily (i am on the waiting list for a replacement!).