EVO stock headset ...

Last Updated:

1. bhagiratha

bhagiratha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone gotten any info about the stock headphones that comes with the EVO?
    I want to know how good is the sound quality and are there any controls on the headset itself?

Also, has anyone located a 32GB microSD card for it yet? thanks

Advertisement
  2. rzenger

rzenger Well-Known Member

It doesn't come with headphones and 32gb cards are about as much as the phone.

neodorian likes this.
  3. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

It doesn't come w/ headphones.

4. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member

I'll be using a pair of the numerous headphones I have lying around the house. No biggy.

5. bhagiratha

No headset? who sells a phone with no headset?
    I had two iphones, and they both came with headsets. I have an HD2, and it came with a phone set.
    Why the heck didn't Sprint or HTC include a headset with the Phone?

6. KiLo11

KiLo11 Well-Known Member

well if u want headphones go buy urslf another iphone

7. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Because the included headphones are always shit quality and still add to the cost of the total package. Between the box, lack of headphones, etc. they were obviously trying to keep costs as low as possible so they could sell for $199. Why not use headphones you already have? If you don't have any, you can spend anywhere from $15-50 and get a better set than you would ever see in a cell phone box.

8. nycbhh

nycbhh Well-Known Member

Are there headphones that one could buy for the EVO that would have phone and music player controls that would work on them?

9. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Wired - Unknown.

Bluetooth - I have a set of Senneheiser MM-200's right now which work fabulously. There are other competitor products available as well.

nycbhh likes this.
  10. nycbhh

nycbhh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. How is the Senneheiser set in open air? Any drop out issues?

11. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

"in open air?" I'm not following what you're asking. Are you wanting to know how good it is at noise isolation?

And no, I have not experienced any drop issues.

12. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

mmmmmmmmm hm. this.

/endthread

13. sitlet

sitlet Banned

We don't know yet. All we know is that it's a 3.5mm headphone jack, we don't know if it will support controls yet.

14. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member

what a F*CKED up thing 2 say.. He was just stating his opinion no need to act an ass about it.. That's why people hate messageboards and blogs today because there isn't any respect for people nor their opinions. Makes me angry..

and OP great question, I would like to know the same.. although it's no biggie for me, I can see where you are coming from!!

mx7 and Levi like this.
  15. nycbhh

nycbhh Well-Known Member

Open air, meaning outside. The only bluetooth headset I've had (the Motorola SD-9 HD) was constantly dropping out when I was outside walking down the street and only worked consistently when I was indoors or in a subway car. I was told this is a common problem with bluetooth headsets because the signal needs something close by to "bounce off of" to reach the receiver on the headphones.

16. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

People act like this, because newcomers to message boards and forums often don't bother to search for existing threads, to have their questions answered. Instead, they'll just throw up yet another new thread, to ask about a topic that's already been answered a dozen times over.

While one side may not necessarily "show respect," the other side doesn't exercise any "due diligence" in looking around first before asking.

rzenger likes this.
  17. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member

that still doesn't give "ANYONE" to be disrespectful towards another. If it irks you that bad stay out the thread. It's as simple as that.

18. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Nope, I haven't had any issues of the sort.

For reference, I wear mine while walking around downtown Chicago, driving in my car, riding my motorcycle, hanging out at the dog park, and commuting on the train. Any/all of those could qualify as having "something close by to bounce off of," but I haven't had any issues. And I carry my Pre on my belt in a leather pouch holster, if that matters either.

nycbhh likes this.
  19. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Please take a deep breath and relax. Am I snarking in this thread? No - I'm actually offering constructive feedback. So please don't make such comments as "stay out of this thread" specifically towards me.

To you, I made a general statement, to try explaining and rationalizing why those you are complaining about, act in the way they do.

There's two sides to every issue and I was simply pointing out the other side.

septro and Roddy like this.
  20. nycbhh

nycbhh Well-Known Member

Sounds great. I'll definitely look into these. Thanks for the tip!

21. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member

um, I wasn't directing that towards you, you wasn't the one who made the "comment" i was "GENERALIZING" that statement ok :) so have a great day and stay positive :) :)

22. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, this can easily be misread also as "If my complaints about disrespect irks YOU that bad, then stay out of THIS thread."

No worries though, we're good.

[​IMG]

23. bhagiratha

Actually when i read the reply I was taken aback, and I said to myself "such a small minded person". I didn't respond because I am not into belittling anybody. hopefully he will learn from his negative attitude.

Nonetheless, with my previous 3GS, I was using a
    Klipsch Image S4i Earphones with Microphone

It is a really good headset with excellent sound quality, but it doesn't fully work with my HD2. I can answer and end calls, but I cannot use the other controls to control the music features nor voice commands.
    I will wait until I get the EVO to see if all the controls will work, if not I will consider getting another headset that works well with the EVO.

thanks for having my back.

24. stoli412

stoli412 Well-Known Member

I've not seen any headsets where the volume controls work on anything but an iPhone. It's a feature I'm going to miss when I move to the EVO.

HTC used to make a remote control that fit into their proprietary USB port, but I haven't seen an updated version that works with microUSB.

25. stoli412

stoli412 Well-Known Member

I've not seen any headsets where the volume controls work on anything but an iPhone. It's a feature I'm going to miss when I move to the EVO.

HTC used to make a remote control that fit into their proprietary USB port, but I haven't seen an updated version that works with microUSB.