EVO - Syncing to Google when there are TWO accountsSupport

Last Updated:

1. 99980000

99980000 Member This Topic's Starter

OK - I've read and re-read and (still) read some more about this topic, but I am getting no where... Perhaps If I post the question, some one can PLEASE assist???

I have a Gmail addy for a side business, and I created that account on my (EVO) phone "initially". I originally did a sync with it. However, after some thought, I decided to create a personal Gmail account and wanted ALL of my phone's contacts to sync with THAT newly created personal Gmail account. No can do...

Although I have the original Gmail account's settings on "off" (not to sync at all), when I sync the phone to Google, all calendar events are there on the new G account, but NOT the contacts. They are simply not coming over...?

Any one?
    Thx.

Advertisement
  2. 99980000

any one???

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I am not 100% sure that I understand what you are trying to do but have you tried temporarily deleting the first account rather than just turning off the sync function for that account, and then trying to sync your newly created account?

Then go back and add the account you deleted and turn off sync

4. 99980000

The phone will not allow me to remove the FIRST account (the one I really do not want to sync any longer).

Setup>Accounts & sync; then under Manage Accounts I click on the account I want to remove and click "Remove Account". The message I get is, "The account is required my some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults...."

So, when I encountered this (the first time around), I unselected all options to sync this account, and I then created the second account (the one I do want to sync), and selected all options to sync that second account. The only syncing it does to Google is the calendar - but no CONTACTS sync to this second account. This is where I am stuck.

Thanks for replying....

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

try going into a few individual accounts and check the individual link selections. you may need to manually set them to sync to this new account

(click on the "link" in the top right hand corner)

try this on a few contacts and let me know.

6. 99980000

Not sure if I follow...

If I click (open) a contact, I see that the contact is already linked to Google; however, it doesn't state WHICH Google account - just says Google. However, I will assume it's the second Google account (the one I do want) because I have unchecked all options for the first Google account. If I click on the link icon in the upper right (as you suggested), it is ONLY to link that account to another CONTACT on my phone. It is not a link to an account, per se.

An observation... When creating a new contact, the default "type" is Google. However, if I open the pull down options, I do see BOTH Google accounts (as well as Phone) - and selecting either the first or the second Google account name will NOT reveal those names when chosen within the newly created contact. It merely states Google. Again, I will assume this only because I do not have the first account with the options selected (??). Very confused here....

It would all make sense and alleviate the head-scratching if I were able to simply remove the first Google account - but I can't.

...still stuck...

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Do you have any purchased apps liked to the first Google accnt?