Evo thinks SD Card is connected to PC when it's not

Last Updated:

1. plmiller0905

plmiller0905 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 11, 2010
    I have a problem with my Evo as that it literally thinks its connected to a PC when it's not.

I had the phone, checked for a Astro Fime Manager for a file I placed on SD Card. When I was checking, most things appeared but when I checked other folders, like the Download folded, nothing showed in there. But I know I had files in that the folder.

I then connected the phone to my PC and without it asking me if I wanted to charge it, sync it, use it for disk drive or internet connection, it went straight to the "Use it as a disk drive" feature. Verified because soon as I plugged it into my computer, the SD Card opened on my PC.

I then clicked to have the phone just "Charging" and now I can see everything on my SD card again.

Do anyone know what this problem could be or how to fix it? I thought it was one of the SD Card Problems that was occurring to some phones. But according to other threads I read, their SD card wasn't even acknowledged by the Evo.

Their SD card stopped working altogether before doing the fix.

Another question about this, will "Debugging" cause this if left on? I had it one for doing the adb stuff when I rooted etc.

2. chazglenn3

chazglenn3 Active Member

May 22, 2010
    If you installed the Double Twist app on your phone it has a setting to automatically mount the SD card when the phone is connected to a PC. Turn it off in the Double Twist settings.