EVO to Fascinate???

Last Updated:

1. redfatboy96

redfatboy96 Member This Topic's Starter

I've had an EVO for 2 weeks...no problems w/Sprint and I do have 4g in my area....so wireless carrier discussions aside, has anyone made this move-EVo to Fascinate?

Battery life and size of the EVO are turning me off, otherwise I find that it's very cool.

Any advice?

Advertisement
  2. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I switched from the EVO, cant compare the 2 screens! As far as carrier, there equal in NYC for me. Maybe vzw a lil bit better! I really like sense on the HTC phones, but their Hardware is always questionable, and I happen to really be diggin the Fascinate after a week of use. My battery on the fascinate was not steller out of the box, took about 5/6 days to condition. As of now it's all good as far as battery life goes. If it didnt improve I would have brought it back, but as of the last 2 days I'm getting about 10/11hrs out of it with very HEAVY use. So I say go for it if you want one of, if not the best Android device out there right now...IMO!

3. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

My friend has an EVO....The vividness of the Fascinates screen blows it out of the water.

I doubt battery life is going to be much better though.

4. Araliss

Araliss Well-Known Member

I had the EVO, Epic and now Fascinate. I'm only here because Sprint's connection isn't good in my area. If I could, I would be on Sprint with the Epic (same phone as Fascinate but with a slide out keyboard). I loved my Epic more then the Fascinate. I loved Sprints plans and family plans. So if you have great 4G and don't mind the keyboard, I'd get the Epic if you are set on the Fascinate's screen.

The size of the EVO turned me off also. I do like it, just not for myself. My husband has it and loves it. Its just to wide for me. I've tried the Droid X which is also a 4.3'' screen. That phone is longer instead of wider and was a much better fit. The Epic was the sweet spot all around for me. It gave me a keyboard so that I could still see my screen. I hate when the virtual keyboard covers the screen up in landscape mode.

Anyway, if your thinking of jumping ship, give the Epic a try before you go. It was my favorite between the Vibrant, and Fascinate. :D

5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

The bigger issue seems the carrier. I travel around and rural areas as well. VZW has the better coverage and you get to actually use higher speed data, where as Sprint 3G and especially 4G are in MUCH smaller pockets of coverage.

If you want a larger screen device, Fascinate is a nice option and also has the benefit of great sound quality. I was thinking of getting one (due to sound quality), until I installed DSP Manager on my rooted Incredible. It now sounds just as good as the Fascinate, but I still would rather have the bigger screen on the Fas!

My hope is a 4" display device with keyboard and 16gb of internal media storage when the dual cores come out. I will wait now.