• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo to Ipod Dock Adapter

binary01

Lurker
Jul 13, 2010
I would like to be to connect my Evo to my car so that I can listen to Pandora using the car stereo. Unfortunately my car only has an Ipod dock connector.

Would it be possible to create an adapter that will allow you to connect an HTC Evo to an Ipod dock and output audio?
I have seen something similar being done with a T-Mobile G1. Hack connects T-Mobile G1 to iPod Dock - WebNetta

Is it just as simple as getting a Ipod dock extender cable like this one:
For only $2.92 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Dock Extender Extension Cable for iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS, & iPod - WHITE | iPhone/iPod Cables
and cutting off the male and of this cable and soldering it to a male end of microusb cable?

Any help would be appreciated.

I would like to be to connect my Evo to my car so that I can listen to Pandora using the car stereo. Unfortunately my car only has an Ipod dock connector.

Would it be possible to create an adapter that will allow you to connect an HTC Evo to an Ipod dock and output audio?
I have seen something similar being done with a T-Mobile G1. Hack connects T-Mobile G1 to iPod Dock - WebNetta

Is it just as simple as getting a Ipod dock extender cable like this one:
For only $2.92 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Dock Extender Extension Cable for iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS, & iPod - WHITE | iPhone/iPod Cables
and cutting off the male and of this cable and soldering it to a male end of microusb cable?

Any help would be appreciated.

The iPhone to Headphone jack can't be used to charge the EVO, just converts the audio output from the headphone jack.

Also, the microUSB cable doesn't output sound with Pandora. So even if your were successful in splicing the wire together(which I DON'T suggest doing), you wouldn't get any sound output.

The only way the micro USB outputs sound is when you connect your phone with a USB cable to your reciever, mount as a HDD and play MP3s found on your SD Card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones