Evo turning into hero!!Support

Last Updated:

1. mont75

mont75 New Member This Topic's Starter

My evo is becoming very laggy when web browsing. Taking a long time to load a page and sometimes not fully loading the page, the load bar be about 75% loaded and it just stops there. And also more times then not when I double tap the screen on a web page it becomes unresponsive and I have to hit the back button load the page again. I'm doing batt pulls like 2 or 3 times a day. Yeah reminding me of my old hero.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

When is the last time you updated your prl and profile at menu.settings.system updates?
    is there any app that you might have added that could be using all of your system resources? Have you contacted sprint to see if there are any signal issues in your area?

are you using 4g or is 4g on?

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

How many text messages do you have stored? I had to use a sms deleting app to clean things up. I've read several of the same issues in the last few weeks. Seems the phone is filling up and slowing down!

Mr. Ed likes this.
  4. mont75

I live in Chicago so I have a pretty strong 4g signal, and I haven't added any apps. Just did a prl update imma see if that changes anything. I have my messages set at erase at 50 so they won't build up to much. Thanks for the responses. Other then those issues this is a BAD
    @**!! Phone!

5. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

When I get that Lag check the market for updates to any apps. Sounds crazy but Ill have like 6 updates needed. Then It runs like a champ after updating them.

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Ok you didn't answer my question. It sounds like you are using 4g. There are multiple threads about using the 4g toggle causing lag. Have you attempted turning on 4g via menu.settings.wireless network instead of usinfmg the toggle? Or by using the 4g toggle that jason made (page 2 of general forum)

Also are you rooted or stock. Running the ota that is rooted on xda has helped rooted users and if stock that update should hit your phone soon.

7. mont75

I use 4g. I saw the thread on not using the widget to cut 4g on and it seems to be working great so far. I'm also on a stock phone, plan on reading thru the root threads to see if that's somthin I want to try out.

Mr. Ed likes this.