Evo update question

1. TexasZac

TexasZac New Member

Hi

Unlike a lot of people I did not update via sprints ota before reading about it. I was using unrEVOked's root app and didn't want to lose wifi tether. I waited until unrEVOked released their ota patch. Since using it I have lost 4g internet. Phone continuously says "scanning" when 4g is turned on. So here is the question;

Is there an easy fix to keep easy root access and still use 4g. I say easy because I don't feel half as smart about this stuff as some of you seem.
    -or-
    Can I update via the htc website without the fear of the double ota brick? Knowingly losing wifi tether for the mean time.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest

No longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.
  3. TexasZac

TexasZac New Member

Thanks urban. What do you think about going ahead with the HTC update?

If there is a way to move a thread please let me know. Like I said, I am new to forum posting.
  4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Done. :)

For future reference, the easiest way is to use the "Report Post" button and request the move in the comments box.
  5. UrbanHillPG

UrbanHillPG Well-Known Member

My phone cant seem to find the new update. Im still running 1.32.651.1 and when i check for an update it says "No updates available"
    Anyone know about this?
  6. TexasZac

TexasZac New Member

I may be wrong but you should be able to go to the HTC website and download updates.