Evo users, does Handcent SMS take up a lot of resources according to Spare Parts?Support

Last Updated:

1. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed that when the setting for Handcent SMS has the Blinking LED to "Fast", "Normal", or "Slow" it'll eat up resources and takes up +80% of the Partial Wake Time Usage according to Spare Parts. I've noticed this with 2.1, 2.2, and 2.2 again after a hard reset. I'm assuming it's an issue with the last few updates of Handcent as I did not have this problem a month ago.

With it set to "Default" blinking it'll consume normal resources like every other app. Thing is with the "Default" blinking, it just stays green like it's fully charged.

I'd appreciate if someone else can look into this and see if this same issue is present for you.

Advertisement
  2. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

I have the blinking to fast and I haven't notice any battery drop since I download handcent and I use the stock messaging for a month

3. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I gave up on Handcent. Im going stock for now. I also dont use spare parts anymore either.

4. cyaiphone

cyaiphone Well-Known Member

handcent is soooooo much better than the stock messaging app that i don't care if it takes up a little bit more battery. that being said I don' notice any battery drain while on Handcent.

5. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I think its better too, but sometimes I just don't want all that crap on the Big Evo. Stock app works just fine to be honest.

6. brushrop03

brushrop03 Well-Known Member

I didnt even realize you could change the LED

7. karong

karong Well-Known Member

Been using Handcent since I got my evo and love it. i agree that the stock messaging app works fine but i prefer Handcent because its so customizable. I dont think its causing any battery drain.

8. birdfoot

birdfoot New Member

I can confirm your observation is correct. I'm using HTC Desire with stock rom (update 2.1) btw.

I've only noticed this today as I've received an sms while I was still in bed and didn't manage to pick up the message. HandCent kept my phone awake for 2+ hours causing battery drain up to 20%. I got the same observation as you under "Partial Wake Usage".

Right now, I guess I'll just set the blink to default and just change it to a different color. ;)