EVO users Tallahassee, FL

Last Updated:

1. tallyplouffe

tallyplouffe Member This Topic's Starter

Loving this site, learning so much! Hope to eventually be able help others some too. But, also interested in finding other EVO users in Tally. I'm new to androids and wondered if there are others just learning like me, or anyone who is knowledgeable and would like to help when 'we' get stumped. We could just chat online, but if we found it helpful, could meet to figure things out. (BTW, I'm 50, married, not fishing here!:p)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

tallyplouffe likes this.
  3. tallyplouffe

Now I'll really give away my lack of experience! Did you mean there is a chat room about people using the EVO that live in Tally? I clicked on the link you gave me, but I've never done it before and wasn't sure what I was looking at, or what to look for. Hate sounding so dumb, but I want to learn!:rolleyes:

4. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle Well-Known Member

I live in tallahassee. Youre not alone and i have a co worker who has an evo also. Too bad theres no 4g here. But wifi makes up for it.

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Well hello fellow sun burnt floridian! How's it hanging?

6. Charlie Hustle

Labor day weekend in tallahassee is slow and boring.

7. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Lol, living in florida, reading this makes me laugh. All the old people around here look like leather. They're def asking for cancer lol.

8. Thefoodman52

Hmm.... old people and the phrase 'hanging'. I'll stop now before I start to have projectile vomit.

9. tallyplouffe

Ok, now ya'll need to be careful talking about us 'old' people living in Florida. I'll have you know there are plenty of us that BITCH at our kids every single day about wearing sunscreen!! ;)
    And btw, can somebody please answer for me the question about the chat room? Is there already one for us Tally folks, or was he just referring to Evo users in general?
    Thanks guys, you so sound like my son; so even if I'm the 'old' one here, at least I'm trying to keep up!:D

10. Draiko

Draiko Well-Known Member

Tally Evo owner here too. I'm seeing plenty of Evos in the wild over here. 4G is coming... it's just a matter of when.

11. deanver

deanver Member

I'm also in Tallahassee.

12. Charlie Hustle

The better question is will we be taking advantage of the 4g with our evos or with another phone via upgrades??

13. icereignblack

icereignblack Active Member

Yeah, I tried that IRC link, and a chat window comes up with a list of people in the room, but no one answers. So I would say for all intents and purposes the IRC chat room doesnt work.

Edit:
    5 seconds after I wrote this someone answered. So I guess it works but I dont see the channel showing a list for your area in FL.

14. geomens

geomens Well-Known Member

Any day is slow and boring in Tallahassee except if you are a college student or can hang with college students.

15. SinShiva

SinShiva New Member

another tally user here, came across this thread via google. I'm also interested in the EVO, but lack of 4g is what's keeping me on a blackberry curve. I NEED A FREAKIN AIRAVE to use my phone at home.

23 and i can't be arsed with the lot of them, either.

16. Thefoodman52

Ew..... a curve? Drop it like a bad habit and get an Evo broski! It's MILES ahead of that old thing you're still clinging to...

17. Charlie Hustle

You will see a difference between the two phone. Drop the curve. Also, at home i use wifi (i use wifi n, but you can use g if you have a g router) which is still faster than 4g when comparing with some of my friends who lives in NYC.

18. SinShiva

SinShiva New Member

picked up a samsung epic 4g. :) i have dedicated n and g aps, so i'm good. 4g would still be spectacular, though.

god, i love this phone.