EVO V 4G is on its way out?

Last Updated:

1. LakersDroid

LakersDroid Well-Known Member

They've listed it as "Out of Stock" for over a week now. I'm surprised they're still selling the Triumph, that phone is even older and not as good specs wise but they're selling it the same price as the Evo V. SMH

Advertisement
  2. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Evo v 4g and the optimus slider is marked as end of life at retail store's employee sheet for virgin mobile. Probably because they were hand downs from Sprint, unlike the triumph.
  3. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

My thought is that the Evo V is EOL because they are bringing in the Galaxy Victory, which has similar specs and LTE. The Triumph, which is a similar age to the Evo V, is not a "4G" phone so it doesn't directly compete with the Victory.
  4. Watagump

Watagump Well-Known Member

I saw a TV commercial today for VM talking about a Galaxy phone and 4G LTE, how convenient they didn't mention the word VICTORY. Also didn't metion a price.
  5. Larzuk

Larzuk Well-Known Member

Dumb Question. If these are in fact not far from being "Gone", What happens if you seek to get a warranty fulfilled? Or would they send you a different phone that's "similar"?
  6. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

They likely have refurb Evo Vs to send out for those who need warranty replacements. Then they fix the broken phones sent in to replenish their stock.
  7. Austrie

What haopened to the galaxy S 2?
  8. greenghost2212

greenghost2212 Well-Known Member

I can voutch that VM is still selling the s2 and the evo. Saw them both at a sprint store and radio shack.
  9. Austrie

Mhmmm

Attached Files:

10. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

Don't be gloomy that this device is dying, this means you virgin fans will get more devices and hopefully with lte. :D
  11. Chingling

Chingling Well-Known Member

Wow, that's interesting, cause the Evo V is probably the best phone they've got, IMHO
  12. m-cman

m-cman Well-Known Member

In the Dallas area there are no EVO V's available in Radio Shack, Sprint, Best Buy, Wal-Mart or Target stores anywhere. The RS district manager said there have been none available in his tri-state area even before the sale. Several stores have been shown as having them on the RS website but when called they said they did not have any and haven't had any. One store manager said he had one returned defective phone. I called every RS, BB, Target and Wal-Mart within 30 miles (and there are a bunch in the Dallas area). One Target had one which I had them hold and I picked it up. They also price matched the $99.99 RS ad. I was going to buy a backup at that price but only found that one by sheer luck.

The S2 on the other hand is readily available but at $279.
  13. nfs13epic

nfs13epic Well-Known Member Contributor

Not to mention if im right right, Virgin mobile has more smart phone customers than boost. Well since VM failed i might buy the new HTC One on my parents tmobile plan.
  14. amk2795

amk2795 Well-Known Member

OP you sure shake your head a lot. Perhaps you could give your neck a rest.
    TDOW likes this.
  15. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

I'm sticking with WiMAX since sprint LTE sucks at the moment with very spotty cities. I would be embarrassed to work at a sprint store and sell LTE phones when LTE isn't even available in the area
  16. keisukehonda

keisukehonda Well-Known Member

Heck they've been selling the LTEVO for a year now and the vast majority of users still don't get LTE.
  17. greenghost2212

Umm lte is here in Chicago including all the major ones NY LA Tx Baltimore San Fran including a ton of small towns so just because U or tom and harry don't have in IN YOUR AREA don't mean the rest of us sprint users don't got lte. Hell I had lte in my house since October. They are selling them because nv is coming bro lol.
  18. keisukehonda

keisukehonda Well-Known Member

Umm lte isn't even in 100 markets yet including many major ones so just because U are one of the fraction of Sprint users that have lte IN YOUR AREA don't mean the rest of us sprint users got lte. Hell I live in a medium-sized college town and can't even get 0.3 mbps on campus lol.
  19. greenghost2212

We is the 3rd largest city so that's a lot if people. And FYI just because U DONT HAVE LTE doesn't mean nobody else don't. Like I said sprint has late in the 1st 2nd 3rd and fourth largest cities in the us lol. And I never got that low on 3g haha.
  20. Austrie

The new area I'm moving too has LTE coverage for miles, so I can't wait for a LTE phone that is decent to come to VM. Though the area also has wimax coverage, so that KINDA makes me want to stay with the evo v since I wouldn't have to buy a new phone.
  21. greenghost2212

Well problem solved then bro Lol. Keep the evo until a new lte phone comes to vm.
    t12b25 likes this.
  22. shadowspawn

shadowspawn Well-Known Member

Evo V has been on its way out since January-ish. Prices just plummeted at Radioshack from $250 to $150 overnight. That's usually a sign that the phone is heading out. It's the same thing with the Evo Design for Boost.
  23. I been trying to get a HTC Evo V 4G for the last 2 1/2 months, but they've been pretty hard to find at Radio Shack, Best Buy, at a Virgin Mobile store, etcetera... I believe that the HTC Evo V 4G is being discontinued. :( I still want the Evo V, but since my Galaxy Reverb is getting Jelly Bean update, I'll pass on the Evo V, and keep the Reverb.
  24. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

Does Samsung generally update their phones more than HTC?
  25. Austrie

Yes they do, especially their galaxy s series.
    EazySteve likes this.