• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO V 4G vs Samsung Galaxy S2 4G

QuiteTheChoi

Sep 28, 2012
Hello everyone, first post here and I've already search the forum and wasn't able to find another post like this. But if there is, I'm sorry!

I'm currently using the EVO V 4g on VM and it's been giving me so many problems since the beginning and I'm contemplating going for the S2 4G. However, I have some concerns that I need to clear to help me decide.

With the EVO V forum on this website, many users complained of messages and calls not coming or going through. What are some common problems that many users of the S2 have encountered? I think many people have issue with the WiFi stability of the phone, but how is messaging and signal connectivity?

How is the battery life on the S2? I get about 4 - 5 hours on the EVO V, but that's because I have auto-sync on all the time.

My main concern really is the dropping of calls and messages. It's not a once in a blue moon thing for me. Everyday, people will tell me they called but I will never have received the call. I will also get 5 messages at the same time from different times in the day because the phone does not receive during the day. It's not the connectivity issue either, I get 4 bars and I can't send messages or receive them. I have to reset the phone or something to fix it. So any common issues among users on the S2 would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

Hello everyone, first post here and I've already search the forum and wasn't able to find another post like this. But if there is, I'm sorry!

I'm currently using the EVO V 4g on VM and it's been giving me so many problems since the beginning and I'm contemplating going for the S2 4G. However, I have some concerns that I need to clear to help me decide.

With the EVO V forum on this website, many users complained of messages and calls not coming or going through. What are some common problems that many users of the S2 have encountered? I think many people have issue with the WiFi stability of the phone, but how is messaging and signal connectivity?

How is the battery life on the S2? I get about 4 - 5 hours on the EVO V, but that's because I have auto-sync on all the time.

My main concern really is the dropping of calls and messages. It's not a once in a blue moon thing for me. Everyday, people will tell me they called but I will never have received the call. I will also get 5 messages at the same time from different times in the day because the phone does not receive during the day. It's not the connectivity issue either, I get 4 bars and I can't send messages or receive them. I have to reset the phone or something to fix it. So any common issues among users on the S2 would be appreciated :)

Thanks!
the S2 is a way better phone. as to drop calls and missed called that shouldn't be a problem with the phone but with your carrier. i upgraded to the S2 and wow its just a way better phone, also from VM. it has a nice processor that lets you play the newest games without any problems and the autofocus is out of this world. i have never gotten dropped calls unless im in a dead zone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones