Evo V or One V: please help me decideGeneral

Last Updated:

1. veg-0-matic

veg-0-matic Well-Known Member

I've got the Motorola Triumph but it's time for a change. At first I thought I wanted the Evo V because it's 4G, but I've been hearing nightmare stories about not being able to send and receive texts and calls. I understand that the situation can be improved by rooting, etc., but I'm of the opinion that a phone should work out of the box.
    So I started looking at the One V. It's not 4G, but it's a lot cheaper (RS will have it on sale for US100 on Black Friday.) Smaller screen (boo), but not inconveniently so. Don't really care about a front-facing or 3D camera. I'm also hearing stories about it not being able to receive calls/texts.
    Going on the assumption that I'm not going to root either phone, which do youall think would be the better choice? Please don't keep suggesting I root either one; it's just something I don't want to do.
    Thanks for your help!

2. veg-0-matic

veg-0-matic Well-Known Member

I just read that Virgin is going to send out a software update on Nov. 14 to fix the radio problem.

Which makes me kind of lean a little more toward the Evo V, but who knows if the update will actually work?
  3. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

You won't go wrong with either one, so it comes down to which do you value more...
    Save a little cash, and get a very nice and thin phone
    Do you need a powerhouse with a larger screen?

The One V is a newer, lighter, and more sleek, but has less power, less features, and a non-removable battery. The other is a world class workhorse, with loads and loads of support, but a bit thicker/older design that costs a bit more.

If I had to do it again, I would very possibly pick the One V. I like the EVo's power, but it's not a dainty phone by any stretch.