• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO V Won't Activate - Swap Numbers/Phones

aidan80

Feb 22, 2011
Florida
How could I forget the horrors I encountered with VM Tech support when swapping from my Blackberry to the Optimus V. Fast forward 2 years and I'm swapping from the Optimus V to the EVO V and the EXACT SAME STUPID ISSUES as before?!?!?!?!

I'm really frustrated. I powered off the Optimus, did the swap on the website. Waited half an hour powered up the EVO V and 6 hours later I get error 1012 and another error 131. Basically it isn't activated! Advice call VM Tech support yet it tells me to activate the phone before I can call support! Ahhh same exact thing as before with the Blackberry/Optimus swap. You'd think after TWO YEARS these issues would be fixed!

I powered on the Optimus again and it's still active!? Why can't these idiots fix their system so it works :mad:

I ported my number from T-Mobile to Virgin Mobile, and had the same problem. Called Virgin Mobile tech support from my old phone, and it was fixed in less than 2 minutes. They told me it had to do with the old carrier not releasing the number, and as soon as they released it, I would be able to activate the phone on their network. By the time I hung up and got the T-Mobile support number to urge them to push the port along, it was done & there was no need to call T-Mobile.

Upvote 0
Some Virgin mobile people are ignorant. I was trying to swapp from my triumph back to my evo and I told the lady my meid number and it wouldn't switch she kept asking me to do stuff over and over and I said I no its working I did that already I think she got tired of me and said turn off your phone and cut it own. So the next day I called again and a different lady told me that the lady I was talking to had got a number wrong so it was her fault and not mine

Upvote 0
First thing I did when the activation failed was google. I've tried everything short of build an altar and sacrifice a goat on it to the mobile phone gods lol. I called tech support and asked the woman I could barley understand to transfer me to actual tech support. After dodging her barrage of pull the battery suggestions she put me through. I've been on hold for tech support for 20 minutes. I already know what they'll do.. same crap they did 2 years ago when they run out of options tell me to wait 3 days and call back. If I could find the same phone/plan on another network I'd leave this thing back and tell Virgin where to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones