Evo Volice Dialer IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. vIce^gRip

vIce^gRip Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this is a re-post, my searches did not yield the answers I am looking for.

I am having 2 issues with my Voice Dialer.

1. My device cannot recognize the name "Lilly" I have tried changing the contact name to... Lili, Lily & Lilian. Still does not find the contact. And the contact does have a last name associated with it, but still finds nothing close. Any suggestions on this one?

2. When the dialer does find someone that has multiple numbers... It does not always choose the default or primary number or offer a way to select the appropriate number.

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. taylor7667

taylor7667 Active Member

Sorry to hear of your problems. I don't have an answer for you and I'd like to add a third problem:

The stock voice dialer simply "listens" too long. I would guess it listens for at least 10 seconds. My voice command only takes 1 second or 2. It does seem to work tho, but I fear that it could pick up other sounds which could ultimately confuse it. Maybe its not really listening all that time because mine does seem to be accurate. Any ideas how to shorten the "listening" time?

3. vIce^gRip

vIce^gRip Member This Topic's Starter

Ok... Well I think I solved issue #1:
    I have installed Test-To-Speech Extended>Launched the App>Default Engine>Pico TTS
    Now it recognizes my wife... Lilly!

Still no solution for #2.

Cobravision likes this.
  4. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I'll have to try that, the voice dialer refuses to recognize my wife's name.

While we're on the subject, is there a function or an app that confirms the name by voice instead of a confirmation button? I used to make calls on my TP2 in the holster, but with the way voice dial set up, this is not possible since I can't confirm while the phone is in the holster.