EVO vs. Droid Incredible battery life

Last Updated:

1. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been hearing alot of complaints about the EVO battery. I've played around alot with a friends Incredible, and while it's doesn't have what I'd call "excellent battery life," it's "decent" in my opinion.

With the tweaks one can do on an EVO, will the EVO last as long as an Incredible? Or does the Incredible just blow it out of the water in terms of battery life?

thanks,
    -v

Advertisement
  2. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member

I would ask this in a general "Android" forum and not in a Evo specific forum since I highly doubt anyone here has both phones. But I can tell you that if you do enough tweaking you will get a day out of it depending on your usage and what you do on the phone. I would diffidently get the Evo over the Incredible. Better phone and better rate plans imo.

3. pank

pank Well-Known Member

Actually I did have the DInc for a week :) I took it back for an exchange at BB and of course they were out. I wanted to exchange it because my battery life was so bad and I also had a couple of dropped calls (which I made while stationary, just dropped calls) which made me afraid something may have actually been wrong with the phone. Verizon is known for very good service out my way so the dropped calls were a big concern.

I got lucky in a way because while they were out of the DIncs they had 2 EVO's in so I said what the heck and I'm now in my second week of my 30 day trial. First week was the same disappointment with the battery, it was pretty bad. IMO it was just as bad as the DInc.

Good news after the last OTA update it has gotten much, much better and I now plan on keeping the phone. I still have 2 weeks to decide but I'm really loving the phone. My 2 cents...

4. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

The battery on the EVO is STELLAR!!!

5. takeheart

takeheart Member

My girlfriend has an Incredible; I have an Evo. Having performed similar optimizations to both phones, I can say with absolute certainty that the Evo gets as good or better battery life than the Incredible.

There is one caveat: if you keep the phone somewhere with poor Sprint service, your battery life will not be great. It sucks up lots of battery when searching for a signal, but is very solid in every other regard.

6. sjones302

sjones302 Active Member

The Evo's battery life seems to have a wide range for some people. If you look at the forums, some have claimed 2-3 days between charges. For me, I was getting 5 hours of light to moderate use between charges. Since the update has been released, I am now able to get 8-9 hours between charges. I mostly text, exchange email, no wifi and no 4g.

I had the htc hero and could go 2 days between charges. Had the palm pre before that and had to buy multiple touchstone chargers, extra battery, etc because the battery was so bad.

7. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Well I do have both the Incredible and the Evo, and the configuration of settings is almost identical. I usually get about 4 hours more battery life out of my Inc than my Evo. I think that is understandable since the Evo has a bigger screen (among other power sucking features), and I am pretty sure I still play with my Evo a bit more than my Incredible. But I usually get about 12/15 hours of moderate use from my Evo since the update. I can't complain.

8. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest

No longer a contributing member as I was bashed by a moderator for providing helpful answers to topics.

9. pank

pank Well-Known Member

The one biggest change that has had more impact than any other setting (for "me" and quite a few others from reading this forum) was to turn off the "enable always-on mobile data" under network settings.

My 3 IMAP accounts still sync in the background using K9mail so I don't really see or miss the need to have connection always active.

10. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I don't have the Droid Incredible but with the Evo my battery would last around 6 to 9 hours before I change my battery. This includes 3-4 hours. Media Player and/or watching the World Cup, surfing the web, and browsing the forums using Tapatalk, a few emails here and there, etc.

Sent using my HTC Evo 4G.