• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

evo vs incredible

And Sprint didnt ruin their phone by making it look like a race car :) I think the back on the incredible is fugly. Plus i like having the charging port on the bottonm like the evo instead of the side like the incredible.

Go Evo!

However i am going to be a little sad leaving VZ's superior 3g coverage.
No you won't. Sprint 3g coverage is just as good and with Sprint u can roam off of VZ's coverage. With that package u don't get charged for roaming :) <-- Current and happy sprint customer :)

Upvote 0
As I look at that first image that bill posted above and all that comes to mind is damn, the EVO needs to go on a diet. lol
But in the second photo, it looks so so nice and perfect in size.

TS

Bought the Incredible yesterday for a 30 day test drive before the EVO arrives. First impression on size: the Incredible is too narrow. The screen really feels constrained side-to-side. In many apps -- Google Maps, Google Navigation, Mail, Browser -- I find myself having to constantly resize because the screen is too narrow.

The other issue is battery life. Its awful on the Incredible. It makes my Storm look like a power miser (and the Storm isn't exactly known for being battery friendly).

Don't get me wrong; the Incredible seems to be a great phone. I'm not a hater by any means. If the EVO doesn't win me over in June, I'll probably come back to the Incredible.

Also, if anyone has any specific questions about the Incredible to help compare with the EVO, ask away. I'll try to give a more honest answer than you might get in the Incredible fanboy forum.

Upvote 0
~450 minutes
free after 7pm
free weekends
unlimited text (you use it a lot on these kinds of phones)
unlimited data
free commercial turn-by-turn navigation

Most people seem to forget to mention witht he Sprint plan you also get sprint TV and radio which includes:
Disney Channel
USA
SYFY
ESPN Mobile
CBS
ABC
NBC and the list gose on link below(this is a huge bonus for when I have my kids in the car).

I am hoping the Sprint service is good because I am jumping from the overpriced verizon ship for this phone. 8)

Sprint TV - Mobile TV from Sprint

Upvote 0
The Evo is a monster of a phone. I cant see myself carrying it around, will not fit in your pocket.

Verizon data plan is unlimited by the way and tethering is unlimited as well.

Sprint 4g has a whole 12 locations or so in the entire USA for 4g. Its a TINY 4g network which most will not even be able to access yet even with a 4g device.

There are no battery issues with the incredible, people just dont know how to use the phone and have not even cycled the battery once.

Also the Evo does not have either an optical pad or trackball. Optical pad and trackball is awesome for navigating website links and moving cursors over.

Upvote 0
.....Sprint 4g has a whole 12 locations or so in the entire USA for 4g. Its a TINY 4g network which most will not even be able to access yet even with a 4g device....

Are you talking about states or cities when you say locations? Because in Texas alone, we have around 14 metro areas and not cities that already have 4G.

There are more than 10 cities that already have 4g in Houston and it's surrounding areas (Suburbs).

Upvote 0
The Evo is a monster of a phone. I cant see myself carrying it around, will not fit in your pocket.

Sprint 4g has a whole 12 locations or so in the entire USA for 4g. Its a TINY 4g network which most will not even be able to access yet even with a 4g device.

There are no battery issues with the incredible, people just dont know how to use the phone and have not even cycled the battery once.

Also the Evo does not have either an optical pad or trackball. Optical pad and trackball is awesome for navigating website links and moving cursors over.

You're the worst fanboy ever, stay in your forum please.

I have the incredible and the only thing the joystick is good for is taking pictures.

Upvote 0
The other issue is battery life. Its awful on the Incredible. It makes my Storm look like a power miser (and the Storm isn't exactly known for being battery friendly).

This doesn't sound good as the EVO is basically the same phone, it has an 1500mah battery vs the Incredible's 1300mah battery but I wouldn't expect the EVO to get better battery life with that 4.3in LCD.

Upvote 0
This doesn't sound good as the EVO is basically the same phone, it has an 1500mah battery vs the Incredible's 1300mah battery but I wouldn't expect the EVO to get better battery life with that 4.3in LCD.

Yeah, it makes me a little worried as well. I don't think the EVO will be wildly better than the Incredible on battery life, but hopefully it will be at least better.

Also, any Incredible fanboy bragging about the optical joystick is a joke. Its basically useless, and not even good for selecting text. Its not even useful for taking pictures because its awkwardly placed for that purpose.

Upvote 0

I would take the time to correct you, but you probably don't care so I won't waste my time. But 4G is pretty significantly more widespread than you give it credit.

Upvote 0
When you look at these images, the EVO looks huge and it might give you the impression that the EVO is too big.... When you look at this photo...it doesn't look so huge

<thinks to himself...How do I say this w/o prompting a "That's what she said">

I was worried about the size of the Evo until I actually saw a demo unit of the HD2 in walmart. My wallet is wider than the evo. My wallet can fit in my front pocket. The evo is thinner than my wallet (though that might change :()

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones