• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO w/ Sprint Upgrade

bwillie007

Jun 2, 2010
I may want to reconsider if I want to get this phone or not. I've never had an android phone, and I'd really like to try it out. Basically, I already have a $150 to use for an upgrade that I haven't used. My contract also runs out beginning of July, so I would get more of an upgrade then as well.

My question is, if I extend my contract. Will the EVO be $199.99 - $150 = $49.99...or will my upgrade just make me eligible for existing customer pricing of $199.99. Or *gasp* neither?

I may want to reconsider if I want to get this phone or not. I've never had an android phone, and I'd really like to try it out. Basically, I already have a $150 to use for an upgrade that I haven't used. My contract also runs out beginning of July, so I would get more of an upgrade then as well.

My question is, if I extend my contract. Will the EVO be $199.99 - $150 = $49.99...or will my upgrade just make me eligible for existing customer pricing of $199.99. Or *gasp* neither?
The Phone is 449.99-150=299.99-100 MIR=199.99 ;)

Upvote 0
The Phone is 449.99-150=299.99-100 MIR=199.99 ;)

Can't they forward me any of my additional upgrade that is coming in less than a month? I don't understand why they say I have $150 for an upgrade, but treat you worse than a new user. If anything, wouldn't they want to retain customers. Sprint isn't doing well in retaining people last time I checked.

Upvote 0
Can't they forward me any of my additional upgrade that is coming in less than a month? I don't understand why they say I have $150 for an upgrade, but treat you worse than a new user. If anything, wouldn't they want to retain customers. Sprint isn't doing well in retaining people last time I checked.
You ARE getting new user price. All new subscribers are paying 199.99 also (299.99 at Sprint. 199.99 after they receive their rebate)

Upvote 0

Additional upgrade? $150 is the most you can get from an upgrade. It's $199.99 for existing and new customers. $299.99 in Sprint stores minus the $100 MIR making it $199.99. Better to buy at Best Buy or Radio Shack etc. Instant rebate so $199.99 upfront.

Upvote 0
Additional upgrade? $150 is the most you can get from an upgrade. It's $199.99 for existing and new customers. $299.99 in Sprint stores minus the $100 MIR making it $199.99. Better to buy at Best Buy or Radio Shack etc. Instant rebate so $199.99 upfront.

I guess I'll have an additional upgrade given to me in July since you can't stack upgrades.... an additional upgrade that I won't be able to do anything with. Think they could just credit my bill like $10 every month until it ran out?

Upvote 0
I guess I'll have an additional upgrade given to me in July since you can't stack upgrades.... an additional upgrade that I won't be able to do anything with. Think they could just credit my bill like $10 every month until it ran out?

There is no "additional" upgrade. You are eligible for the $150 upgrade credit at 22 months. So the upgrade you see now on your account is the only upgrade credit you have. Take it and run! :D

Upvote 0
There is no "additional" upgrade. You are eligible for the $150 upgrade credit at 22 months. So the upgrade you see now on your account is the only upgrade credit you have. Take it and run! :D

I've had the $150 upgrade for the last 1-2 years. They've been telling me every time I call them and ask them something that I have the ability to upgrade for years, I just haven't because I'm currently on a SERO plan, and you really can't get any phones of my liking w/out totally changing your plan and paying almost double.

Upvote 0
Well, the sero will go out the window with an EVO. If you have never used the upgrade, you still only get the $150.

Yeah I know. Been paying 30+15 (for text) + 18% corporate discount for years. Now....$80 bucks. My Mogul is on it's last leg though. I literally have to put a rubber band around it because the battery will fall out. It restarts on it's own probably about ten times a day. Friday cannot come fast enough.

Upvote 0
Yeah I know. Been paying 30+15 (for text) + 18% corporate discount for years. Now....$80 bucks. My Mogul is on it's last leg though. I literally have to put a rubber band around it because the battery will fall out. It restarts on it's own probably about ten times a day. Friday cannot come fast enough.

I hear ya!! Come on Friday!!! Luck for me I will be paying about the same for my plan with the EVO.

Upvote 0

You should ask for the $20/month credit for 2 years. You can also get like a 25% corp. discount on top of the credit if you do it right.

Upvote 0
You should ask for the $20/month credit for 2 years. You can also get like a 25% corp. discount on top of the credit if you do it right.

Yeah, actually I talked to a Sprint rep about 2 moths ago about something like that. And he assured me that they could do something like that. I saved his email, and emailed him about three days ago but he never answered. So now I'm getting worried. I guess I'll just call them Friday while I'm standing in line or maybe that is something I can only get if they ship the phone to me.

How do I "do it right" and get the max discount I've ever seen thru Sprint (25%)? What do I need to say/do to ensure they get me the $20 credit?

That wouldn't be too shabby...$79.99 - $20 = $59.99 x 15% = $44.99 (plus the 5 dollars in fees.

Thanks in advance for helping a new member out. I plan on posting away after I get my phone :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, actually I talked to a Sprint rep about 2 moths ago about something like that. And he assured me that they could do something like that. I saved his email, and emailed him about three days ago but he never answered. So now I'm getting worried. I guess I'll just call them Friday while I'm standing in line or maybe that is something I can only get if they ship the phone to me.

How do I "do it right" and get the max discount I've ever seen thru Sprint (25%).

That wouldn't be too shabby...$79.99 - $20 = $59.99 x 15% = $44.99 (plus the 5 dollars in fees.
Highest is 27% i think

Upvote 0

I feel your Mogul pain... :( I had one and hated it so much I sold it. The bad part is my paramedic daughter wanted it. I'm not sure she'll ever forgive me for that! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones