Evo Wifi AntennaSupport

Last Updated:

1. BoomerFZ1

BoomerFZ1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone hear if there's a software fix or hack to make the Evo antenna a little stronger. If there's one issue I have with this phone...errr, other than the battery...it's the crappy Wifi signal. My old iPhone got much better reception on my home wifi net and I HATE saying that. Anyone know if they've determined hardware or software? I know they were SUPPOSED to look into it.

Advertisement
  2. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Erm, there's nothing to look into. What's Wifi Analyzer say as far as db's? Get a comparable app for your iPhone and test that the same way. "Bars" are rubbish.

BenChase7 likes this.
  3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I think the man is right... "bars" vary from phone to phone.. carrier to carrier. Not the best way to measure signal strength by any means. And that goes for 3G, 4G, CDMA... whatever. "Bars" are rubbish.

Edit: its funny you bring up the crapple signal strenth... wasnt that the same company that was going to modify the software to display a better signal on the iphone 4? ...even though it wasnt any better. see?

4. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Ben is right about iPhone. I had a 3GS and they programmed it to make you think you got a great signal all of the time so that they could establish their product in the market before they admitted that this was a mistake. BS!

v01rider and BenChase7 like this.
  5. BoomerFZ1

BoomerFZ1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

no wifi issues here...use it in the yard, front and back patios all with no issues at all. my router is in the attic

7. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Froyo enhanced WiFi reception. Don't know what else to tell you. I was in a hotel room before and after the update. I could hardly get the WiFi signal in the bedroom of my suite. After the update, I could get the WiFi signal in my bedroom.

8. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

This will sound funny, but put a piece of aluminum foil shiny side up underneath your router. This will improve your signal, especially if the router is downstairs and you are up.

9. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Set the temp on the router for 325 while you are at it....LOL