• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO Wifi Tethering - They're actually advertising this...

So now that the EVO's been announced... and they actually say it can be used as a hotspot for other devices... what does that mean for the rest of us? Will tethering be permitted on their other Android phones? Will EVO owners be forced to pay an extra fee for the "privilege" of using their unlimited data connections with other devices? Something to think about.

It would be nice if Sprint would allow tethering on their Everything Data plans. Rather not break Sprint TOS to tether... but if it'll be allowed, great!

WiFi tethering working right now on my Nexus with Desire Sense UI ROM... no tethering plan whatsoever needed.... so through rooting I'm sure the EVO will be able to as well without a tethering plan (assuming Sprint blocks the feature unless you have their tethering plan... ???)
I wonder if the tether apps for android will need to be updated to work with 4G?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones