• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO will be the best phone ever because....

gnarlyDUCK

Oct 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
... it has a kickstand!
Take that iphone.

DSC_0026_540x359.jpg

Upvote 0
I guess. For me it's

-Big screen
-Wimax radio
-Newest available version of Android
-Front camera
-Cheap plans

Some of those have been done on other devices but none has had all of them at once :)

Aside from the newest version of Android, which it might not be by June this is true.

Bad news is by the end of the year other there will be a few other phones that can say the same. Just agree you like the Evo because you like the Evo.

Comparing it to other phones is a bad idea in such a highly competitive market. A year from now there will be phones out that market the Evo look puny, but that's just the nature of the business. We will never have "the best" phone for more than a few months, that's the way carriers want it to keep consumers coming for bigger and better products.

Upvote 0
will the kickstand work both landscape and portrait? I'm not sure what use it would be in portrait but it looks like it may be possible. That last pick made me think that I've only really seen pics with the kickstand out and the phone on its side.

honestly, im unsure. I would think, it would work. Even at that, I think the purpose of the stand is to watch videos, which mainly play landscape.

Upvote 0
I saw one video where the guy was trying to use the kickstand and the phone kept falling down when he touched it. He was on a glass table though, but I see the chrome not being that antislip, would be better if it had a rubber tip. Hopefully he was just dumb or it was a fluke though.

Or at least a locking spring or mechanism to keep it up. :)

Upvote 0
No, i thought I would make a very strong point.
I know its not "technological" for a phone to have a kickstand, but thats like the best implementation EVER!

i am not feeling the same on this feature as some others.

it is just a kickstand!

question.. why did HTC not make the kickstand the antenna for the FM Radio, and Phone radio?? giving the EVO better reception.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones