Evo will come with "Android 2.1 Update-1"

Last Updated:

1. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Reposting the screenshot that PansyDog just posted over at AndroidCentral, post #49.

So who here still wants to argue that the Evo will drop with Froyo 2.2? Sure it COULD still happen, but is it really that likely?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. keatre

keatre Well-Known Member

Sweet! Let the cookouts begin! (just gonna stay away from 4G until I know what the heck thats gonna do)

3. Incredible_Senor

Incredible_Senor Active Member

For what it's worth, the Incredible has the same firmware- "Android 2.1-update1."

4. bendispo

bendispo Well-Known Member

Right, we also don't know whether this EVO is the final production model. It seems like he's had an EVO for at least a couple of weeks now, so it's entirely possible that the EVO has received an additional or several additional firmware updates since then.

5. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

I agree with bendispo. Until we see the actual release, we won't know for sure. Also, I thought that blue screen mentioned there would be an OTA update as soon as the phone was turned on? Or am I imagining this?

6. TuNeCedeMalis

TuNeCedeMalis Active Member

I find the probability of the Evo being shipped with Froyo to be almost none. I actually don't think we'll even see it on a phone until around holiday season. Then again, I could be completely wrong. If 2.2 is being announced this upcoming wednesday, we can only assume that they just have enough to show us. Why would we think their work on froyo is finished?

7. Bek

There have been some legitimate hints and rumors that Froyo IS done and will be unveiled not this Wednesday, but at Google's IO conference later in May.

8. aaronscool

aaronscool Active Member

It won't ship with Froyo or if it does it won't ship in June...

9. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

No way Sprint is going to out Froyo before Google I/O. Maybe if it was the other way around: I/O 1st, Evo launch party after.

New to android but considering the name is Froyo and the next Gingerbread I'd assume there's a time table involved in each. Or is that too obvious?

My concern is given how long it's taking for the Hero and Moment how long will it take Sprint/HTC to cook up an update to Froyo. Would be nice if it was waiting after activation.

10. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

Nexus 1 is gonna be first with froyo. going by the past history of sense UI updates the EVO might not get it til late 2010 or early 2011

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

11. Bek

Agreed that the Evo most likely will not drop WITH Froyo... I was only asserting that I believe Froyo is code complete.

12. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a chance in hell that it drops with 2.2. Just look how ungodly long it took Sprint and HTC to get 2.1 ready for the Hero! They're not going to waste 6 more months just to launch with 2.2.

13. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

What did Jackson say it was coming with?? What ever Jackson says it will drop with is what I believe..

14. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

jackson said a custom version of 2.1 i believe... i think what he means by this is the 2.1 - update 1 that this thread refers to, he said froyo will soon follow i THINK, but 2.1-update 1 is what it ships with

15. bendispo

bendispo Well-Known Member

eieio: Am I wrong to assume the sarcasm in your statement? ;-)

16. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt it will come with 2.2. 1. They said 2.1. 2. The demo or pre-production models have 2.1. 3. Why would they keep it a secret!

All we can hope for is that they update it to 2.2 VERY fast, not Hero fast.