EVO will not sleep when pressing power buttonSupport

Last Updated:

1. jami

jami Member This Topic's Starter

I used to be able to sleep my evo just by pressing the power button. Now I have to wait until the inactivity timer kicks in before the screen goes black.
    If I wake it up using the button and fail to slide to unlock then I can get it to sleep by pressing the top button as usual.

I installed "spare parts" and had to force a delete because of several hangs and weirdness. Now I have this sleep problem

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Have you rebooted it?

3. P-Fresh

P-Fresh Member

I'm currently having the exact same issue. I downloaded spare parts to try it out and see if it was something I would like. It didn't much appeal to me, so I uninstalled it. Now today, I am having the same issue with the power button.

I tried turning off the phone/back on, I also tried to turn the phone off and remove the battery. If anyone has any feedback on this it would be greatly appreciated!

4. jami

jami Member This Topic's Starter

there was a setting in spare parts that allowed different way to put the phone to sleep. One was when the power button was pressed it went back to the home page and then sleep. Another was do nothing. Another was go to sleep only. Not sure what the last one was but I think I need to resinsall Spare parts and make sure that the power button is mapped to go to sleep.
    Then uninstall it again. That program is buggy.

5. dswanson

dswanson New Member

had the same issue. Select "Go to Sleep" and it will fix the issue