evo will not turn on: this is my first ever post

Last Updated:

1. rickgully

rickgully New Member This Topic's Starter

i will not be able to take my phone to the tech until tomorrow afternoon so desparately need help...i was at dinner with my kids tonight and the message popped up saying my phone was going to shut off due to battery going out...when we get to the car, i plug it in to the charger and expect my phone to cut on again after i press the power button, as it always has in the past...5 hours later and it still will not cut on...

i have tried 3 different chargers so it cannot be the charger (i knew they were good anyway), i've tried taking the battery out and leaving it out a few minutes, and i've tried holding the power button down longer as well...none of these have worked...my cell phone is my livelihood and i need it on tonight...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!?????

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

What brand/model Android device is it? How old is the battery?

3. intense

intense Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forums... A couple of thoughts:

Your battery could be bad, do you have access to a spare battery that you could try? Generally with any smartphone or phone for that matter, it's always a good idea to have a spare battery, you never know when you may need it. If it works with another battery, it could then be your battery and/or your charging port on your phone.

Update- I just tried to turn on my Evo with my battery out of the phone and it plugged into power and it did not turn on. So it could definitely be the battery.