EVO Wimax Useability on LTE?

1. Bullet317

Bullet317 New Member

OK Clear recently suggested that if they want they can switch over to LTE. Now does that mean that the EVO that is said to work on Wimax will be able to be used on LTE? This is a HUGE question and a determining factor in my purchase of the first Wimax phone. Anyone have any answers?

Advertisement
    :
  2. No, No, and no.

They do not want to switch over to lte.

No, the evo will not work, even with a software change.

And you dont want it. Because by the time lte begins a roll out. You will be on evo2 or evo3 generation.
  3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

not exactly true, they have already publicly stated that they want to move to LTE when it is ready wimas is just for now, no the evo will not work on LTE as it is different frequencies but by the LTE is even thinkable as being used you'll have a new phone so this shouldn't be an issue at all for you, it'lll be 2-3 years before they switch to LTE, maybe longer so don't let that sway you
  4. ekt8750

ekt8750 Well-Known Member

No one has said Sprint was moving to LTE. That's the same talking point the trolls keep trumpeting. Sprint has said that they would switch to LTE for the good of the industry if WiMAX is a flop. That is all.
  5. tokuzumi

tokuzumi Well-Known Member

Also, the Evo doesn't have a LTE radio.
  6. I am soo sorry guys. I failed you.

Let me tell you the future.

LTE and WIMAX are 100% completely compatible. They are made that way. Sprint will never drop wimax. And LTE roll out would STOP if it did.
    I do not know else to say it.

In the future. Wimax will blanket every where. LTE will blanket every where. You will have wimax enabled towers that transfer data between LTE networks.

You will have a person with phone. They use their LTE phone to get data from the LTE tower. In turn, the LTE tower uses wimax tower to get the information from the web.

You see. That will happen. LTE will use wimax as a backhaul.

In the future. LTE will roll out over top of wimax. Both connecting the world to the internet. But because wimax has bandwidth, it will become the back bone. The vast majority of people will use the backbone when they can and use LTE has the second stage.

It is really a no brainier.

If lte uses fiber it will cost them , per 4 miles of fiber, $400,000 to $4,000,000. The same speed and cost, wimax will cost 5-10k. Not even close.

They are going to be used to over lap each other. A phone will have a lte/wimax/wifi/bluetooth/gps all in one. When the phone can, it will use lte or wimax or wifi. LTE would have to stop their roll out, now. If wimax was to stop.

They are not fighting.

Do you understand?
    ekt8750 likes this.