Evo with shattered screen still works!

Last Updated:

1. Matt L

Matt L Member This Topic's Starter

My friend dropped her evo and it landed right on its corner on a granite floor. This was the result. However she is sort of lucky because she has insurance and the touchscreen somehow still works. So she has wrapped it in packing tape and using it while she waits for a replacement.

Imageshack - imag0075w.jpg

Advertisement
  2. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Did she have a case and screen protector on the phone?

3. Matt L

Matt L Member This Topic's Starter

Nope totally naked

4. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

I have yet to see a phone dropped with a case and screen protector on and their phone got messed up. One guy left his EVO on his car bumper so that doesn't count.

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Even if it's shattered....it should work as long as all the screen elements are still there.

6. Reddawg

Reddawg Active Member

Mine got dropped yesterday while I was putting it on the car dock on my Harley and hit the pavement. Shattered the right corner up by the Sprint logo - not as big of a problem as the OP's screen. Replacement is on the way from Asurion.

My problem with cases and such is that it won't then fit in the car dock - that I missed and caused the original problem - Ironic isn't it :)

7. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Just get one of the cases from BB or wherever that are the 2 part slide and lock ones. Makes it stupid easy to take off and put on when you need it (I often did this, and do this when I go to work. Put it on while I'm at work, take it off in the car. *rave music starting*)

8. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

LOL, when you drop your EVO and crack it is when you run into a lot of iphone 4 people. I look at a case and screen protector like I do for armorol for my car. If I don't protect my dashboard its going to look like crap in a few years, but if I do put it on its going to protect my dash from UV rays and cracking. I like to preempt problems.