• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO won't turn on after initial boot?!

Mongoos150

Jul 3, 2010
First the camera button is unresponsive, and now after owning this phone for about a month, I'm at my wits end! Has anyone experienced this?

Last night after leaving the movie theater I pulled my EVO out of my pocket and pressed the power button - the bottom row button lights come on, but the screen does not (battery is nearly full by the way). Pressing the power button makes the bottom buttons turn on and off, but the screen is off. I perform a battery pull, everything seems fine, I can get into the phone after it boots, but once I press the power button to turn the screen off, the screen never turns on again - but the bottom buttons light up like last time. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

I have to perform a battery pull every time I turn the screen off. I've now changed the display timeout to 'never' - and if I keep the screen on permanently from the initial bootup, the phone works fine. Absolutely insane. If Sprint can't exchange the phone (due to lack of stock) I'm considering going back to a blackberry. This is my third EVO, and although I love it when it works, I need something a little more reliable.

More information is needed.

Do you use an App Killer? If so what is it and whats it set to.
Are you Rooted? If so what Rom/ Kernel are you using.
Are you using 2.1 or 2.2?

I understand your upset but if your looking for answers on an issue it helps if we know what your setup is.
Yeah, Could You Please Help Mr. I'm Having Somewhat the Same Issues Except My Phone Will Not Turn On At All I Did Root It 2.2

And, Everytime I press The Power Button, The White And Black Htv Evo 4G Screen Appears And Right After That It Goes To That Menu Where Your Supposed Hold The Down Volume Button And Power Button At The Same Time When All I Do Is Press Power Once.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones