EVO wont turn on.....help pleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dangerboy

Dangerboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am really starting to lose my patience with the EVO. As great as the phone is, these problems are really started to piss me off.......First the light leakage, screen rising, and now it wont turn on.....again....

Last week, I shut my phone down and i couldnt get it to turn on....About 15 minutes later, i tried and it turned on.....I just turned my phone off again because the 4g indicator would not come off even though 4g was not active, and the damn phone will not power on......this is getting ridiculous.....I am very seriously considering returning the phone and ending my service with sprint.......

Can someone please help me out?

Advertisement
    Evo1234 likes this.
  2. Dangerboy

Dangerboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

never mind.....once again, after about 10-15 minutes, it turned on.....what the hell is up with this damn thing?

3. dcoaster

dcoaster Well-Known Member

This just happened to me as well. I had to remove the battery in order to be able to turn it on again. I have noticed that it takes a minute or two after shutdown to turn the phone back on again. This time it just didn't turn on. Any ideas?

4. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

Try a factory reset. menu > settings > privacy

5. dcoaster

dcoaster Well-Known Member

That's a method of last resort. Let's think about other options before erasing everyone's data...

6. Evo1234

Evo1234 New Member

how can he factory reset if it wont turn on?(idiots)

7. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Any of these with batteries that have been completely run empty multiple times? Lithium ion batteries will not hold a charge if they've been completely depleted. The batteries themselves and Evo software are in place to help prevent this from happening, but if the battery's been run completely empty regularly, it might be possible to simply kill the battery and not the phone.

8. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Well-Known Member

sometimes my evo won't sleep, meaning it stays on, and i don't know why, even if i hit the power button for it to sleep, the screen comes back on, anyone have this problem?, also my evo sometimes reverts to other cities for weather, and gps is not turned on

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

^check your apps..either a rogue app is taking over settings or you may have a defect and need to take it in for service

Data wipe resets fix issues...plain and simple. Realistically they wipe everything...so if it were a bad app the reset resolves the issue by deleting everything lol