1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

evo wont vibrate for notifications anymoreSupport

1. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

When I bought this phone it would give me a little double vibrate and make a noise when I got a text. I didn't mess with any settings and 3 weeks into the EVO it stops and I can't get it to vibrate when I get a text. I've turned every vibrate setting on and off and it still won't vibrate for a text. It still does for a phone call though.....its annoying cuz I don't like to have volume loud and I miss texts. Anyone have this issue? Am I going to need a new EVO?

Advertisement
  2. adrianq

adrianq Well-Known Member

I am having the same issue. Vibrate works during an incoming call, but won't vibrate on a text message.

Anyone have any ideas?
  3. adrianq

adrianq Well-Known Member

Here is a weird workaround....

Download 'Sound Manager' then menu->vibrate Settings. Set both sections to 'Vibrate Whenever Possible' and Voila. my notification now worked.

I installed the app to see if I would continue to get sms vibrate notifications and I do.

A bit of a hack, but it does work. I still have no idea why it stopped working in the first place.
    CrisG likes this.
  4. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Thanks I'll try that.
  5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

It works, thank u.