Evo!

Last Updated:

1. FireChick

FireChick New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had the iphone for two years and I loved it, however. I was very disappointed in the new phone. I looked at the Evo and fell in love. I love the Android software and I think the phone itself is amazing. I am however, still learning how to use it just like any other phone user would. I have a few questions. I've had some severe delays in receiving texts from anyone other than Sprint. Does it take a few hours to get the first text from someone and after that your good? I never had a problem with text delays with Att however, I'm having a huge issue with this. I do realize I have a low signal in my house due to living in a valley and poor reception, but one bar is enough to receive a test. If anyone has any advice, I'd truly appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

If you send yourself a text as a test, and it goes through fine, the Sprint network and your phone are fine. I have had delays with text messages, but it has always been the network provider issues causing it (Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile)

3. blu3g

blu3g Well-Known Member

What provider are the other phones with. I haven't had any problems with the evo, but in the past it would take forever to get text messages from my girlfriend, and she's with Verizon. I could recieve texts from people from all other carriers, but sometimes her's would reach me hours later. I would wake up at 3 in the morning with texts that have time stamps from 10 pm.

4. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I have had the same delay with all four carriers (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile). When I need to contact someone quickly, I don't rely on texting because of the lag issue. I just never know when it might occur.

5. scott314

scott314 Member

I don't think overclocking the device is going to help you get your txt's faster. Which begs the question of why you chose to post in this forum rather than the general forum.

6. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

The OP may indeed receive more help in the general forum, but up until that post, who said anything about overclocking?

7. scott314

scott314 Member

The subheading for this forums is "Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.". I was trying to understand why the OP would post their question in this forum.

It was a joke ;).