EVO2 - Video Upload fail

Last Updated:

1. roliver592

roliver592 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I'm completely new to the EVO2 and tried uploading a video to facebook and to my laptop (by sharing via email) ... the format is 3gp ...

Can I convert on the phone to a more compatible video format (.wav?)
    Can I upload directly to the laptop via USB then convert? (Media Player doesn't even recognize the video format for me to open when I download via email)

Help please

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The Evo 2? There is no Evo 2.

Uhhh, wav isnt a video format. It's an uncompressed audio format.

Technically you aren't "uploading" if you are just transferring the file from the phone to the laptop via usb. But yes, you can certainly convert it once its on the computer. However, just realize if you dont know what you are doing, you will lose a lot of quality form the video. Technically unless you are converting to a lossless format, you will lose some quality.

I dont know why you cant just upload directly to facebook from the phone, I can do it just fine.

3. roliver592

May I ask what video setting you're using to upload to fb? I appreciate your patience in responding ... I am new to the smart phone arena and am just trying to leverage the forums for help as was intended .... realizing my knowledge and familiarity may not be at the level as some other users ....

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

720p

5. roliver592

Thank you ... I'll try it