evo3d lets talk accessories...my input insideTips

Last Updated:

1. blackcar

blackcar Well-Known Member

I purchased a platinum case at BB for 35 bux, it has a cheap kickstand built in that serves its purpose but as you already know you can't charge it while in kickstand mode.

I also bought a ZAGG screen protector. DO NOT BUY the smudge proof model. I have always like the way this one feels compared to the standard ZAGG but on the EVO3d it looks horrible. I am going to have to remove it and put a standard one on it.

Let me know of any of your real world experiances w/ aftermarket products.

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I've often seen good things on the Invisishield (is that right?) screen protector.

I had my rep put it on for me - two of them explained that it's soft for 24 hours and that the slight appearance of bubbling under the screen will go away within the day, or I take it back for replacement.

I was quite surprised by that but already it's looking very good, not impacting the 3D view, and not a drag on the fingers. If it clears up as advertised, I think I'll be way happy. :)

Edit - yep - the blemishes dried out as they said - looks really good!
  3. blackcar

yes the invisishield, i am just wanting to warn people of the smudge proof one, it washes the screen out, i should have got the standard one.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Anyone find a good car holder for it yet ?? They have plenty on eBay, but wanted some feedback first.
  5. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

Thank you for the tip. I plan on getting an Invisishield and I'm glad I have this information now. ;)
  6. Span_Wolf

Span_Wolf Well-Known Member

I thought I'd ask here because I really don't want to buy the wrong kind, anybody have a link to a proper HDMI to E3D phone chord, and a USB to E3D that I can get nice and cheap? Also some decent screen covers and a car mount. I want to make sure I get the opinions of you folks before I take the plunge.

Somebody linked this car mount in another thread.
    Mountek CD Slot Mount MT5000-C, Universal Hands Free Car Mount CD Car Mount [MT5000] - $19.95 : Mountek, CD Car Mount for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices, including iPhone, iPhone4, Android, Blackberry, Garmin and more

I saw these screen covers on Amazon, but I don't know which would be better.
    Amazon.com: XtremeGUARD
    sergi0wned likes this.
  7. EarlyMon

8. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Well-Known Member

I got the Zagg invisible shield, anti glare, the guy told me after it dries it should be fine, but notices it does wash the screen out a bit, but the upside is no smudges, no finger prints, and easy to ead outside, so I guess that is the tradeoff. I also got the kickstand case, pretty cool, feels good
    sergi0wned likes this.
  9. Erize

Erize New Member

10. Blue_Turtle

Blue_Turtle Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, just picked up my EVO 3D yesterday from a Best Buy Mobile shop. Needless to say, the Best Buy salesman suckered me into buying the Invisishield for $24.99 + $7.99 to install which they didn't mention until I discovered it on my receipt! Anyways, I noticed that with the Invisishield on, there are a few dim lines present on the screen. Is it true that this affect will go away after a couple weeks? Also more importantly, does the Invisishield affect the way 3D content is displayed or how the screen looks? The touch screen on my EVO 3D feels a bit rough compared to my Ipod Touch screen. I am not sure if this is because of the Invisishield or just how the EVO 3D screen naturally feels. The invisishield claims smudge proof, but in just 1 day there are finger prints everywhere on my screen lol. Also, I noticed the screen seems a bit fuzzy if you compare it to the crystal clear Ipod touch screen. Not sure if I am comparing apples to oranges here or what. Anyone else have the invisishield or any input to add? Thanks.
  11. EarlyMon

Welcome to the forums!

I've moved your post here where others may have more info on the Invisishield.

My rep told me that the first 24 hours the display would soft and prone to easy nicking - and that the blemishes would disappear within that time.

The blemishes did turn out to disappear within just over a half day for me, and the cover has lost most of that gummy feel.

I'm new to them myself, so that's the best I know - as I say, check the posts above and maybe others can help as well.

I compared mine side-by-side with a new unit today - not any big significant quality reduction in viewing was evident - but that was a quick check on my part. Basically - looks good to me.
    Blue_Turtle likes this.
  12. mikek

mikek Member

just get one of these and plug in your htc usb that came with the phone!

Attached Files:

13. Blue_Turtle

Hi, did you also get the smudge proof inivisishield? Now I am all worked up because the guy above said to stay away from the smudge proof ones very adamantly ugh. I have noticed the screen is starting to feel a bit smoother and less rigid than when I first got it. Do you know anything about the dim lines on the screen? Anyone else know if the Invisishield effects the 3D?
  14. EarlyMon

Haha - some days, I'm just slow! :D

I just now saw that Zagg is Invisishield. :p

My box doesn't say anything anywhere about smudge proof or the like.

3D seems to work totally aok with it.
  15. Blue_Turtle

I have the smudge proof one as well. Have you seen side by side of a regular and smudge proof invisishield? Do you think it takes away from the 3D affect? ahhh I guess I am screwed out of $30 bucks now.
    Btw, I don't think smudge proof works because I have smudges all over my screen in just 1 day!
  16. cobalt

cobalt Well-Known Member

Two dumb questions, and sorry for being totally dense -- is "rep" == "representative in a Sprint store"? I've heard some of these screen protectors have some tricks to apply, and it sounds like depending on where you buy it, they'll do it for you?

Second: a few comments in this thread have warned about the smudge-proof one, but I never saw an explanation. What's the concern here? Too smooth/too grippy, less transparent, some other issue?

Thanks in advance!
  17. EarlyMon

In my case, rep = sales rep at Radio Shack. They were friendly, did this for free - as did my Sprint rep at the Sprint store last year for the Evo.

The main trick seems to be good eye-hand coordination, and not babying the process - in both cases, they had the experience to simply concentrate on the steps and go right thru it quickly. They made it look easy, but I was glad for the help, honestly.
    sergi0wned and cobalt like this.
  18. Blue_Turtle

So can we conclude that the Smudge proof invisible shield is the culprit for the slight graininess or is the screen grainy because its a 3d screen?
  19. blackcar

I took the smudge one off, the standard looks better in my opinion
  20. Span_Wolf

Span_Wolf Well-Known Member

21. hollawood24

hollawood24 Well-Known Member

I use the regular invisibleshield and it's great. Everyone, make sure you register them on the zagg site so that you can get replacements if something happens to it, or if you need a replacement phone. You have to send back the original and pay 4 dollars for shipping, that's all.

Now I'm looking for good music headphones that come with a mic. Preferably in ear headphones. Up to $25. Any recommendations????

Thanks MH
    EarlyMon likes this.
  22. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

yes i do... works great with one of my already purchased HDMI patch cords.

23. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

The one thing I don't like about invisible shields are that they dry out after prolonged use. For those of you that wear contacts, you know what I mean.

Both my DX and my iPod Touch have invisible shields. Both of them don't feel slick anymore. I like the feel of the Evo 3D, so I might risk scratching for some time. Unless anyone knows of a good alternative?
    EarlyMon likes this.
  24. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

Anyone know when the HTC case w/kickstand will be out?
  25. EarlyMon

Nothing grainy about the screen, so - I'd question the cover if you're seeing that.