evo3d lets talk accessories...my input insideTips

Last Updated: 2011-08-11 22:06:56
  1. Blue_Turtle

Blue_Turtle Well-Known Member

Its already out and i have it. It is quite nice. A silicone case with a stand would be paradise though

Advertisement
  2. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

It is a common side effect for any screen protector that is Anti-Fingerprint or "smudge proof". My custom cut Anti-Fingerprint screen protector is semi "grainy" and has a little bit of an out of focus appearance. I used the same material on my Evo 4G and it was similar but a little more clear looking.

The visual problems that inherently come with Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protectors seem to be slightly exacerbated by the qHD resolution.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  3. hollawood24

hollawood24 Well-Known Member

Anyone???
  4. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Well-Known Member

I agree, my screen looks horrible with that anti glare screen protector from Zagg, very noticeable, and annoying
  5. Annie19

Annie19 Member

I'll probably be taking mine back, too for the original Zagg. The smudge-proof one looks great outside. I'll give it that much, but inside it drives me crazy and makes me feel like I can't focus properly. Big letdown.
  6. accrd97

accrd97 New Member

If I were you, I would just purchase the OtterBox Defender. It comes with a pretty much unbreakable case, a screen protector (which requires no installation), and a belt clip holder which also doubles as a kick stand, all for 50 bucks.
  7. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Took back my otterbox commuter case. Rubber doesnt fit snugly at the top of the phone. Got the defender. Which is probably best in my work environment. Also took back my Zag screen protector. Too rubbery feeling for me and dont need it with the defender.

The defender case is less bulky on the 3D than on the 4G imo. So I can live with it.
  8. Blue_Turtle

When i take my zagg back should i just leave it on the screen? Also, best buy didnt give me a zagg box. They put it on my screen ahead of time. Its on my receipt so i hope they dont get picky cause they didnt give me the zagg box
  9. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

Can you please post a link to where you purchased this?
  10. Blue_Turtle

My mistake. Not actual htc one. Its the platinum perfected case and works fine. Sorry again
  11. Blue_Turtle

Just went to best buy today and they refused to take back my invisible shield or swap it for me even though the pre installed it for me. I never told them I wanted to anti-smudge shield but it still got put on when i bought the phone. Best Buy is really getting under my skin the last couple years. Use to love them until they became so anal about everything.
  12. Blue_Turtle

I just bought some Yurbuds and they are amazing. They are ear buds that are made specifically for your ear. It comes with a couple different buds so you can pick which one fits best. They never fall out and I use them all the time when I run and lift at the gym.
  13. Rofflecakes

Rofflecakes Member

There's a promo code for 20% off of the ZAGG website. It's for "students" but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Promo code: Studrate

Figured it may help those that choose to go this route. Says it expires 12/31/2015
    marctronixx likes this.
  14. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i stopped at the sprint store to get a cheap 24 dollar case and the LG HBS-700 BT phones. these things are SLICK like SIKCLOWN! :D
  15. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Well-Known Member

damn, was going to return my zagg or at least exchange it, this gives me no hope
  16. hollawood24

hollawood24 Well-Known Member

Thanks, blue turtle! They look great. They would be perfect, because I'm very active too, but I don't see any yurbuds with a mic. I guess I'll keep looking.
  17. Emblazon

Emblazon Well-Known Member

Please, show me one place where you can buy this case, that has, at some point, had the case in stock. There is literally no information to be had about this case anywhere aside from when the prototype was first shown.

I believe there was a giveaway for 100 of these cases around launch, but aside from that, this case doesn't seem to exist.

So, unless you were one of those 100 people, I call shenanigans.

EDIT: LOL, I just read a little further down, and saw your correction.

I'm frothing at the mouth for this official kickstand case. From the looks of it, the back has the same texture as the back cover, which I love, is quite minimal, has a fat kickstand, and the kickstand is reversible. This means that you can charge the phone while using the kickstand.

Come on, HTC, get your butts into gear and release this case already!
  18. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

If any of you don't want the rubbery and orange peel look that Zagg's tend to get, you should get a ghost armor.

They finally have them available for the 3D
  19. Blue_Turtle

Does best buy sell ghost armor? Did anyone else have trouble returning their zagg invisible shield at best buy?
  20. Annie19

Annie19 Member

That's terrible! I had the smudge-free Zagg one installed by BB and they took mine back yesterday. They would NOT return the $7.99 install fee, however. But, it's a simple return that you are not happy with the product. I would think they would HAVE TO refund your money.
  21. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

As far as I know they only carry Zagg products. It is a ridiculous conspiracy. You can find MUCH better products by ordering from various places online.
  22. Blue_Turtle

Wow. Did you leave it on ur phone when you returned it? Did you have the original box cuz they never gave me a box. They told me i cant return it because installed products are not eligible for return. I gotta try another best buy
  23. Annie19

Annie19 Member

I did have the box..but the guy had kept the solution. I also left it on the phone and let them remove the protector. I even took the case off, the Platinum Series, and returned that without the box. They were very nice about the return. I would go to a different BB. That just doesn't seem right. Tell them you are not happy with it and want a refund. They should give it to you less the install fee!
  24. Blue_Turtle

Hmm okay i will try that. Btw, whyd you return ur case? I also have the platinum hard case with the kick stand and havent had any problems
  25. Annie19

Annie19 Member

I originally bought the Otter Box Defender. It was bulky in my hand..me being female. I then tried the purple Platinum Series Cruiser case. I did not like how the camera lenses on the back were fully exposed and not protected. I repurchased the Otter Box and it's great having it back. It's so well constructed and protects all the ports AND the camera lenses.