Evos MUCH better then the ERIS?Support

Last Updated:

1. think android

think android New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 30, 2010
    I'm trying to keep a fellow android user from smashing their htc Eris.

I am using an Evo and love it! My dad has an Eris, and hates it since getting the 2.1 update from verizon.

Does the Eris have serious usability and stability problems, that I don't have using an Evo? For example, he was stunned, I'm able to send and edit text like this message.

I'm trying to guide him, and get an idea if he's screwed, unless he gets a newer phone. Thoughts??

You would never know we both are using phones built by htc, and with both running 2.1 android.

After getting the 2.1 update, his phone is unstable. He took it back to verizon, and they claimed it's fine. He's tech comp., and rarely has serious issues with tech problems.

Any evo users, that have used an eris, any thoughts?

Based on my thoughts, and limited by my imagination . . .

2. cr74mz

cr74mz Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Evo has almost twice the processing power (1GHz vs 528MHz)
    Evo has almost double the RAM (512MB vs 288MB).
    Eris shipped with Android 1.5 "Cupcake" (according to HTC).

To answer your title question, the Evo is much better than the Eris; yes. The Evo was designed as the superphone with everything short of the kitchen sink, and is incredible for it's time. From what I recall from the Eris advertising campaign, the Eris was designed as the ultra affordable android phone on Verizon. If memory serves they were practically giving them away...

Still, 2.1 shouldn't make the phone all that unstable. After all, the Motorola Droid has only a slightly faster processor. I'd try a hard reset. Otherwise he just may be screwed =/
  3. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I used ERIS as well, but I updated to the leak version 3 of 2.1 and it was pretty stable. I am using the EVO now and there is just no comparison between the two. I mean I really love my Eris but the EVO outshines it in many many ways. In My opinion he would be much happier with the Evo.