1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Evo's water indicator is red but never touch water

Last Updated:

1. apollooff320

apollooff320 Well-Known Member

I'm really pissed off right now after seeing this. Why the hell did they put the water indicator at so damn low? Will Sprint take my phone back and swap it for another one? This phone hasn't even fell in water and works fine.

Advertisement
  2. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

What color is it supposed to be?

Did you put on a screen protector.
  3. apollooff320

I think it's suppose to be white but now I'm trying to figure if it's suppose to look like this, because the pattern looks to nice. I don't use screen protectors.
  4. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I think its supposed to be pink, as thats what color mine is and the patern is perfect.
    me2u69 likes this.
  5. apollooff320

yeah...I just took the battery out of my phone and noticed it has the same pattern also. I also compared everything to my HTC Hero which has water damage and the pattern is screwed up with a red streak. Only problem is that phone never touched water. I hate the stupid placement of the water indicator.
  6. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Member

yeah, if it's a plaid/striped pattern, then it's normal. it changes to a solid color if it gets wet.
    slugbug and Roman G. like this.
  7. wwrad

wwrad New Member

Wow this is a load off my shoulders, I installed a phantom skinz screen protector and noticed the water indicator was red with a zig zag pattern and I thought for sure it got water on it.
  8. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

Who really gives a crap one way or the other. If I cracked my screen, my phone just stopped working etc, I would still report it lost/stolen so I could keep my old one for parts.

Sprint would never SEE my phone one way or the other. Damn, someone must stolen it!
  9. sjcdal

sjcdal New Member

I set mine off too when installing screen protector. I bet yours is also. Easiest way to compare...there is another one on the bottom of your battery. Pull it and compare. That one on the battery is the way it is supposed to look. That is white background with red stripes. If it got wet it will be pink background with red stripes.... sadly..like mine.

I am trying to find a place to buy a replacement indicator....they sell the plain white-that-turn-red ones used on iPhones all over Ebay..but I have not found one like these...
    Please let me know if you find them.

Get Your Free 2GB Dropbox Storage--Seriously..the easiest way to get files to your phone. (and I need the referral cred)
    https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTczNDMyOTE5
  10. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

According to what I've read there are several water indicators so even if that top one is discolored they will look at the others to make a determination.
  11. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Yes, if you look at some of the sites that have dismantled the Evo, you will see that there is at least one indicator inside the phone once you tear it apart.
  12. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

ive seen two detectors, one on the phone, one on the batt. Both are white with red stripes. (confirmed when comparing to my friends EVO).
  13. ppdd127

ppdd127 New Member

I got same problem did u get it to figure it out some how???? because i have like 8 more days to finish first 30 days that means after that there is no more free replacement!!
    Thank You
  14. sinned96

sinned96 Active Member

So they turn solid red if you have water damage. The one on the phone looks pink striped The one on the battery looks red striped
  15. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

Dude keep this crap out of here.
  16. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

So you would commit insurance fraud?? Gee, thanks for making the rest if our insurance more expensive.

And BTW, the mods take a very dim view of people who use this forum to promote fraud.
    Hockmed, BlackDave and pwnst*r like this.
  17. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Also, screen protectors probably won't save you from water damage, sorry.