Excellent battery on one charge now its goneSupport

Last Updated:

1. rafiki121

rafiki121 Member This Topic's Starter

So after doing the sd format 3 days ago sunday i charged my phone. I had it on standby most of the day on monday and it dropped to 83 by the end of the night. I went on using the phone for another 2 days with light use and it finally died on wed at 12am. Im using the seidio 3500 battery and was told my the customer representative to do a full charge discharge cycle. So after having it fully discharged i charged it it went green i took it off waited till the light went off and charged it back. This is with the phone off. I woke up at 7 unplugged it and now at 8am its already dropped to 91% on standby. Is this because of the full discharge its recalibrating it and itll take a few charge for it to get it recognized?

Advertisement
  2. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

No, you need a separate charger because this phone has charging issues, I have 3500 as well and the multipurpose seidio charger, I hate that about evo and think my next android will be a samsung. there is a few postings here in forum, mods may move this thread to so be aware

3. rafiki121

heres a funny question if i have an external charger and keep taking off the new back plate that came with the seidio wont it get worn down.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I don't have a seido cover but I have the sprint extended covers and the stock cover..all have been off a number of times with no noticeable wearing. I use care when removing them to be safe

and as genius politely said...this sounds like the failsafe charging method on the phone....and is covered pretty well in the accessories section more than once.

definitely worth checking out the seido thread there if you haven't already

5. rafiki121

Can i use any external battery charger from ebay or do i have to pay the 30 bucks from seidio and use theres

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

check out the threads in the accessory forums for that answer. I use one with my sprint extended with no issues

7. rafiki121

Sry to sound like a noob or not willing to do research but ive searched the accessory forums and did a search for external charger and i really didnt get any info. thanks

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

search seidio