Excessive and incorrect bills from Orange Mobile Broadband

Last Updated:

1. Emil-london

Emil-london New Member This Topic's Starter

I signed up with Orange Mobile broadband in August 2009. I have received two bills for 6 weeks usage of

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience the first month with my orange mobile broadband, They said I used 6-7GB instead of the 3G usage. uckily the guy did refund me

However I still recieve bills with incorrect usage, One whole month I didn't use it and they said I used 2.7 GB and I never even plugged it in..... I'm moving to virgin media home broadband leaving me teh sucker having to pay orange to end my contract at

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Do you/it include download + upload?

4. Emil-london

Emil-london New Member This Topic's Starter

5. Kryten2k35

Kryten2k35 Well-Known Member

It is illegal for Orange to give you bad credit simply because you disputed a payment with them. You are well within your rights to dispute any payment demanded by anyone and that doesn't have to affect your credit report.

This was around 6 months ago. How did you get on? Orange are a slimey set of arseholes at times.

6. sare99

sare99 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm well I just signed onto my first contract with them on 04/07/10 on their Dolphin package which gives me 300 free talk time minutes in addition to unlimited texts and 500Mb internet.

I didn't use my phone to call anybody for two days until my old PAYG number got transferred over to it except for 2 x accidental calls as I was exploring the phone but they didn't even connect up. Since I got my old number yesterday I have made about 15 mins maximum of calls most of which were to the Orange helpline because I had trouble signing into my online account.

So, imagine my surprise when I finally gain access to my online account to see I have 98 mins 8 secs of talk time remaining and 68Mb of internet use which is a different story altogether!!!!! Of course there is no way to speak to a person on their helpline which just sends me round and round in circles. I have checked my itemised billing which shows 17p worth of calls so far with the remaining usage being free texts so how in God's name have 3 hours 30 mins of talk time just disappeared into thin air?? I am also shocked by the internet usage but will wear that one if necessary for this month as I did not realise until coming across this forum that unless my 3G/wifi is manually switched off, my phone can be accessing the internet for synch/updating purposes as long as it is up.
    Nevertheless!!!!!!

I shall be going back to the Orange shop I bought the phone from to speak to them tomorrow as I want this matter cleared up a.s.a.p.

* * * UPDATE * * *

OK, so my mystery has been solved thank God. The guys in The Orange Shop checked my account & said because I signed up prior to the reset date of the 10th I was given 100 minutes & some internet access as a temporary measure & my account will reset to the full contract allocation ( 300 mins/500 mB) @ midnight tonight so the stats I am seeing at the mo relate to the temporary figures. Good to know but damn I did nearly have a heart attack so maybe they shoulda told me that in the first place me thinks.

7. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Crystal balls are a necessary option with orange. lol

Incidentally i am with orange & each time i upgrade i get the same thing online, you just need to be aware of your billing date.

8. sare99

sare99 Well-Known Member

We also need the built in GPS and sat nav on our phones to navigate their website, but that is a different story altogether! ;)