Excessive data use since update to Froyo

Last Updated:

1. Bukah

Bukah New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the shock of my life when I looked at my data counter and found that I'd used 3x my monthly allowance, and about 6x more data than I normally use. I've not installed any new apps recently, all that is different is that I upgraded to Froyo about a week ago. I even removed Facebook, due to the battery issue, so I have no idea what is suddenly consuming so much data. Can anyone recommend an app that will show you what is actively using your data connection, or can tell me what has been using the connection recently? I really need to find out what the app is, and kill it, as I've had to disable my data connection to prevent any further costs. FWIW, been looking at the phone this morning, and the data connection is constantly live, so whatever it is, it's using data all the time. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. man00va

man00va Well-Known Member

3G Watchdog will keep an eye over how much data you are using, of the 3G variety obviously. It will not watch any WiFi data, but there is no need for it to do so.

3. Bukah

Bukah New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I already use that, but didn't have the notifications turned on. However, as far as I can tell, it doesn't tell you what is using your data connection, just how much data is being used. I need an app to tell me what has been / is using data.

4. man00va

man00va Well-Known Member

Try Roiding NetTraffic or Stats, though I don't use either - I am not bothered about what is using my data as long as I don't exceed it.