Exchange/2.2/calendar sync hungSupport

Last Updated:

1. spyder40

spyder40 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I updated to 2.2 yesterday morning and everything seemed fine including battery life. Late afternoon I put it on the charger and took it off at 18:00 as usual which normal gets me through to the next afternoon charge cycle. Last night I got the alert around 00:00 that the battery was dead/put it on the charger message (was up working). Thought that was strange but plugged it in. Took it off the charger this morning at 8:15ish and headed into work. At 12:00 it was almost dead again. Has the 'refresh circle icon' flashing in the notification bar. Digging around in the various sync areas it appears it's hanging in the Exchange calendar sync. Mail/contacts sync fine but it just keeps syncing on calendar (settings->accounts & sync->Exchange Activesync->sync calendar). Turning off the calendar sync and no more notification bar refresh icon. Unfortunately I can't confirm yet that this fixed it since it's on the charger from being almost dead. Any one else noticing this?

Advertisement
  2. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

No, I haven't seen this before with any Android device on my network. Try deleting the account from your Evo and re-adding it.

3. jfc16

jfc16 New Member

I too am having the same issue and it started last eveneing as well. I did not download 2.2 but my issues are exactly the same?

4. BillCT

BillCT New Member

I had this issue yesterday - I could sync email and contacts with no problem, but the calendar would not sync. I removed the Exchange account and re-added several times, but that didn't work. I did notice that after each time deleting and re-entering, although the calendar would not sync on the phone, I was putting duplicate entries on the exchange system (these were showing up on my desktop). I finally cleaned up the calendar duplicates on the desktop manually and did a factory reset on the phone (my phone is not rooted so I used BackUp Pro to back up my apps and data). I re-entered my exchange account info following the reset and my calender entries, as well as email and contacts, now sync with no problem. It was a pain to go through the process but all is now well. Good luck!

5. spyder40

Interesting. I deleted/re-added the account and ended up with duplicate entries on my Exchange server also. So far I don't see any sync issues with calendar now. Will find out later tonight if it all of a sudden dies again. Hopefully I don't have to hard reset.

6. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

You can also try deleting the Calendar DATA in the Applications system settings. Then it should resync once you initiate it.

7. spyder40

So far so good, battery seems to be back to normal and calendar isn't going into some race condition trying to sync. Will keep in mind the calendar data clearing option. Wonder if that will add duplicate entries like deleting/re-adding the account did?

8. kentsat

kentsat New Member

My EVO has had extremely short battery life (50% in 90 minutes) for a while now. Updating to 2.2 didn't help. Then one day last week my mail stopped syncing with exchange server and had to delete the account and reinstall it. Email stated updating again but then I noticed duplicate events on my phone calendar (each event was listed 5 times). My Windows computer had 4 events on it and my iMac (both iMac at home and office) was normal???
    Soooo, after talking to our computer gurus and Sprint, I wiped my phone and started deleting events on my Windows computer one at a time. As I deleted the events on my Windows computer it would normally delete the event from my iMac too, so had to re-enter each event for a whole year!!!
    I also got my phone back up a running and the battery is now great. I reinstalled Calendar Pad (because I like the month view much better) today and now I see a few events are being duplicated again on my phone and Windows computer. I have just now deleted Calendar Pad as that MAY be the problem (or part of the problem)??? We'll see.

9. Pete_The_Chop

Pete_The_Chop New Member

I cleared the data and my calendar started syncing again. Froyo 2.2 exchange 2003 SSL RFP sync. I also cleared the data from calendar storage and calendar sync adapter. I was about to reboot the phone when it started syncing on it's own and is working correctly now. I had 2.2 on my phone for over a month so I don't know what caused it out of the blue except it had about 20-30 calendar items to sync. Will post back if it happens again...

I have also had the problem with making lots of changes to my contacts: I had to delete the contacts off the phone (same process as below but contact info instead of calendar info) to get it to sync all the changes I had made in Outlook.

menu > settings > applications > manage applications > select 'all' from the top menu > calendar > clear data