Exchange (2007) IntegrationSupport

Last Updated:

1. OmegaX

OmegaX New Member This Topic's Starter

I am BRAND new here, and my Incredible showed up last night. I could not be more thrilled! This is my first smartphone (unless you count the LG Dare I had), and I am absolutely FLOORED. However, there is one thing driving me bonkers: Exchange integration.

I've tried about everything on my end. I found another thread where somebody had to have an exception for his account applied in Exchange (which worked for his HTC Hero, IIRC). I work in the IT dept. I'm fairly certain I could talk the network boys into letting me do that, but we can't even find that setting in Exchange 2007. Assuming that is even the problem, they're a little to busy to play with me and my new toy (I think they're just jealous :)), and I can't do it myself.

Can anybody confirm whether the security exception is what my actual problem is, and where that setting is in Exchange 2007? If I could get them a little closer to the problem, they'll probably be a little more apt to get around to it.

Advertisement
  2. jratzo

jratzo Well-Known Member

Are password/lock requirements set on the exchange server for Activesync? Its supposed to work but you could add the exception. I did this for a droid on exchange 2003 and works fine. I'm connected to 2007 but not security requirements other than SSL

3. OmegaX

OmegaX New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah... I've triple checked every possible combination of the settings in ActiveSync. It keeps coming back with an error stating that it can't verify my username/password. The closest thing I had found was the posting from the guy with the Hero. He posted screenshots of how to set the exception up in 2003, but I was riding shotgun with the network guy, and we didn't see the right spot in Exchange 2007. I can't guarantee that's what my problem actually is, but it seems likely enough to be worth ruling it out.

4. mgoblue94

mgoblue94 New Member

I'm having the same issues. I have access to the Exchange Management Console and have looked all over and can not find an "Auto-Detect" option or the ssl settings.

5. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

I really recommend you check out an app called TOUCHDOWN. It's pricey, but worth every penny. Plays with Exchange Server the way you expect it should. The droid native program doesn't play well (ample threads in the various forums on the topic). My problem was the native program wouldn't "see" all my folders to sync with. It just grabbed a few. TOUCHDOWN sees them all and gives me the option to select the folders I want to sync. You can set peak hours. Lots of options. I don't use it to sync calendar and contacts. For that I use active sync and the native contacts and Calendar Pad Pro. I don't like TD's calendar and contact screens. A setting in TD uses the native contacts list. TOUCHDOWN... check it out.

6. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

+1 ^. Furthermore, if you have a hotmail account, TD will sync with it over Activesync.