• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange account stuck

Hello -

My exchange/hotmail account wasn't working properly so I removed it and was going to add it back again. Now it seems its halfway added. If I click on the exchange account it gets to a screen where the username field is blank and greyed out (can't edit) and there is a password field. The remove button doesn't do anything and I can't enter a unname to add it back! So now I can't remove it or add it.

This happened a while ago and I had to reset my phone. I really dont want to do that again so hoping you have some advice!

Thanks
Michelle

Wait, is it Exchange or Hotmail? They're not the same. Hotmail now offers ActiveSync but ActiveSync isn't Exchange either.

Also, please always include your device model and the email app that you're using.

I have the exact same problem with my Exchange Account on my Droid X. I'm using the Corporate Sync. Does anyone know how to get rid of an account when it gets stuck like this?

Michelle described the problem as, "My exchange account wasn't working properly so I removed it and was going to add it back again. Now it seems its halfway added. If I click on the exchange account it gets to a screen where the username field is blank and greyed out (can't edit) and there is a password field. The remove button doesn't do anything and I can't enter a username to add it back! So now I can't remove it or add it."

HELP!!!

Upvote 0
I've got the same problem -- don't want to reset to stock. But was able to add a new account with the same details as the one I had deleted. So now when I check "Accounts" from the settings page I find two entries with the same e-mail address both described as "Corporate Sync" -- one is empty and one has the right details. And things otherwise seem to be working (more or less) on the phone).

Not a great solution, but at least not complete destruction or loss of data....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones