exchange active sync calendar problem (but not contacts or email)Support

Last Updated:

1. flevy

flevy Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am having a calendar problem Microsoft Exchange/Active Sync.

Calendar items I enter in my Incredible show up on Outlook. Initially, my Outlook calendar items also showed up on my Incredible but those calendar items have now disappeared after about three days and any new calendar items entered in Outlook do not appear.

Email works fine and contacts entered in either Outlook or the Incredible sync without a problem.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. plasmator

plasmator New Member

FWIW, I'm having an issue where my mail and contacts sync fine, but my Incredible gives me an error when syncing calendar - and just calendar.

3. flevy

Right - the error I get is "The Exchange Server returned some status errors."

Searching the whole forum, I found a thread for "status errors" that started around the first of this year - same problem syncing the Eiris, etc. - but the thread ended without any solution except possibly installing Touchdown. I have written HTC to ask them about the problem since it's clearly been around for a while.

4. dmshll

dmshll New Member

I'm getting the same message. I've already reset phone once for the issue tied to HTC Sense Mail and SMS widgets. I'd rather not do that again. Perhaps the upcoming Froyo update will resolve the issue.

Shell

5. lhanson0851

lhanson0851 Member

Everything synched nicely for me until my IT dept upgraded to Exchange 2010 this week. Now contacts and mail synch, but the calendar will not. Seems my choices are touchdown, or wait for Verizon to realease 2.2 for HTC which supports the security needed to synch with Exchange 2010. August 6th may be the magic date. I'm testing Touchdown in the meantime, but it does not integrate with my other stuff.

6. Bendixen

Bendixen New Member

My sync with our exchange 2010 worked fine undtil i upgrated my HTC Desire to 2.2.
    Now my Calander synk from the phone to my outlook, but if i change som text in a appointment in outlook, the phone is not updated

My sync come with this error (in dansh) "Klient/server-konterteringsfejl."

7. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

I'm seeing this error for the calendar synch - "Client/server conversion error." Anyone else getting it? Email and contacts synch fine. And it's only showing up on the DInc. My Hero has no issues.

ETA - looks like Bendixen and I are getting the same error, looks like it would translate to the same?

8. vinndy

vinndy Member

Is there no solution to this problem?

9. trand001

trand001 New Member

I have the same problem with my HTC Desire with Exchange Active Sync against an Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP2, 8.2.176.0.

Also running Andriod 2.2.

Mail and contacts is ok but not calendar.

I think it was the same problem before I upgraded to 2.2.

New calender items added in the Desire is forwarded to the server but not items added in Outlook on the pc.

10. flevy

After I posted the original problem I deleted and reinstated the exchange account (both our department computer consultant and HTC suggested this ) and everything has been working properly for about six weeks now. With luck it will keep working when the froyo ota arrives.

11. trand001

trand001 New Member

This is the trick, but you also need to be sure that all calendar items are deleted before you add the account again. Go to the program settings for all possible calenders and clear the cache and then add the Active Sync account again.
    HTC Desire, 2.2 , Exchange 2007.

Kriswithak likes this.
  12. runberth

runberth New Member

You also need to make sure that you delete the cache from other calendar apps you have install on your desire.

13. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Well-Known Member

Been having this problem now for a week. Tried deleting account, deleting calendar app cache, etc. Works fine for a day or two, then comes right back. Still no solid concrete answers on a fix?

14. flevy

Nothing beyond what I posted above. I reinstalled my Exchange Account shortly after I started this tread and everything has worked fine since then without the error.

15. runsolo

runsolo Member

I'm also having the same issue on my HTC Incredible running Android 2.2. I came here hoping to find a solution :(

My mail synchs fine with Exchange but I get the "client/server conversion error" when my calendar tries to synch. I guess I will stay tuned...

16. flhr

flhr New Member

I am having the same problem with my Incredible with the 2.2 upgrade. Hopefully someone will find a solution soon. Love the phone otherwise but it doesn't make much sence for business if you can't keep track of your appointment.

17. fredgr

fredgr New Member

I have same problem. Have done a master reset but can't get it up and running. I had to go for the Road Sync solution and it works really well. The problem then is that I can not buy the application from Market in Sweden. So now I have to wait either for Market to open up for payments in Sweden or for HTC to solve the bug.

18. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Well-Known Member

Switched to Virtuous 2.7 ROM and haven't had this issue again. Only been about 24 hours, so I guess we'll see what happens. So far, calendar sync working perfectly. I'm sure I just jinxed it.

19. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Hi--found this thread by searching. I'm having issues with the native DInc exchange calendar too (not contacts or email.) It did have error message-but worse, it posted wrong dates on the calendar app. Thankfully, I sync Google calendar with Entourage (and exchange) on my Mac using a third party app called Busysync. I just decided to stop syncing the exchange calendar and unchecked it on the calendar app on my phone. I tried Touchdown, but I don't like the interface nearly as much as the stock mail client on the Dinc.

20. ChristinaMDeStefano

ChristinaMDeStefano New Member

I found this thread through Google. Starting four days ago the activesync on my HTC Incredible started giving me an error when trying to sync that calendar that read "server/client conversion error" (both my email and contact are syncing fine). I tried restarting the phone, pulling the battery and deleting my account and re-adding it. Other employees that work for the same organization and have the same phone as I do are not having this problem. Any solutions?

21. knit

knit New Member

i found what appears to be the cause. if i accept or reject a meeting invitation from the droid, and delete the invitation, the error starts. moving the deleted item back to the inbox doesn't help. once its done, its done. the calendar will not sync from that point forward.

I turned off sync, then I stopped all apps related to the calendar, went into each app, including the caching app and the calendar and the calendar sync app, and cleared all data. I went into the calendar, and it was empty. It may take a couple of tries, but keep removing the data until you see nothing in the calendar. Then re-sync.

it worked for me. a couple of times (i just cant resist deleting those dang invitations. Dont know what kind of bug in the sync is causing this.

Tragos likes this.
  22. trojanchick99

trojanchick99 Well-Known Member

I love this damn site. I've had this problem for a bit, and couldn't figure it out. Of course there's a thread. I was able to delete the account, add it back and now it works.

I will keep an eye on the possible cause of accepting invites. It's bizarre, since I know my Director does via his phone and hasn't had the issue. I'd have heard, considering I'm his front line tech support since we have the same phone.

23. Tragos

Tragos New Member

I have noticed that the initial invitation message (and its deletion) doesn't give me this error. But if the meeting is later rescheduled or cancelled, this shows up in sync settings: "The Exchange Server returned some status errors". If I remove the ActiveSync account from my HTC Hero and add it back, the sync works again.

Maybe this is related to the additional invitations to the same meeting. I now changed Outlook options so the the invitation mails are not deleted automatically. Let's see if this will solve the problem.

Tools > Options > E-mail Options > Advanced E-mail Options > Delete meeting request from Inbox when responding

24. mieszko

mieszko New Member

I have exactly the same problem. Additionally HTC does mess in my corporate calendard. It crashes timezone settings. So meeting invitatations sent from people from different time zone get spoiled.
    Can HTC sync always on ONE direction (server->phone)?

25. poncharello

poncharello Member

Same problem here as well. I finally gave up and bought Touchdown. I do not like the interface as much as the stock app though. It will have to do for now. By the way, I complained to Verizon and they credited me the 20 bucks the app cost. It took the sting out a bit.