Exchange Active sync contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. elindem

elindem Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.
    I connect my DHD to the Exchange 2007 at works and it works great for the most parts, but weekly my contacts fail to synchronize. Mail and Calendar works fine, but when syncing contacts it says it can't connect to server. I then have to remove my account and set it up for scratch again. Then it works fine for a weeks or so...
    Anyone else with the same problem?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. elindem

I'm I really the only one with this problem??

3. redrox2110

redrox2110 Active Member

Hi, I've just recently started having the same problem (last two days). I haven't removed my account and re-added it yet, (I'm stubborn and want to find a different/better solution :)...Unfortunately, haven't found anything yet. So can't help you...but at least you know you're not alone :rolleyes:

4. elindem

Contacted HTC about this, and a couple of other thing a long long time ago and have not heard anything yet. Their support sucks big time, even Nokia is better than this. Miss my N900....

5. elindem

Still no reply from HTC, this is just funny.
    My first and last HTC phone that's for sure.:mad:

6. shudman

shudman Member

It is bound to be one of your appointments that is screwing up the Activesync client. Maybe you are receiving a new calendar request which is sending it the bird....favourite, apparently is when you receive a recurring meeting without an end date - the mail client doesn't like that seemingly. Try and keep a note of which new meeting requests you are receiving and see if there is some commonality.
    I agree HTC is the worst support I have ever experienced.

7. elindem

I am not having problems with the calendar it is working fine. It is the contacts that is failing. Using touchdown at the moment, but the contacts integration with the phone is not very god, just one way. But it is better than no way...;)

8. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member

mate, if i were you i would have held on to the N900! even though it was released atleast a year before DHD, it beats the DHD hands down...sorry to go off track!

9. nancykay

nancykay New Member

I am having the same problem with contacts not syncing with exchange active sync. They do it for a little while after deleting the account and setting it up again, and then stop. I deleted the categories (I thought), and that seemed to fix it for awhile, but it's back to misbehaving again. I'm using an EVO 3D, but I tried an EVO last fall and took it back for the same reason. Of course, I didn't start having the contacts problem until after I'd had the 3D for over 30 days.
    Does anyone have any insight into this? Calendar and email sync just fine. I don't want to use Touchdown - tried it and didn't like it. I want to use the Exchange Active Sync server.
    Thanks,
    Nancy

10. Babylon6

Babylon6 New Member

I just found out that (in my case) it was in fact the Facebook Plugin (both normal Android- and HTC Sense-Version) that caused the problem. It always stopped synchronizing my contacts (mail and calender still working fine) after I linked one (or more) of my Exchange contacts with a Facebook contact that had a special character (such as ş or

beele and El Presidente like this.
  11. beele

beele New Member

Does anybody know how we can enable tracing on the process that synchronizes personal accounts from outlook to the Phone?

Synchronization of my contacts from my Outlook (in a corporate Exchange setup) to my phone has broken. It worked fine at initial setup (a week ago)

I already removed all other accounts that synchronize contacts (good tip Babylon 6 ! tnx) and manually forced a resync, but no luck so far.
    tnx,
    chris