Exchange Active Sync Download Past Email SettingsSupport

Last Updated:

1. TheFixer

TheFixer Member This Topic's Starter

I did a quick search and didn't find anything, so I am hoping someone can help out. Currently, I can only choose between 1 day or 3 days for downloading past e-mails on my active-sync account. This is really inconvenient since it is a work account and I would like to have access to 30 days worth of email. Does anyone know of a way to increase the days for downloading past email beyond the factory settings?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Menu>More>Settings>Send&Receive>Download Past Mail

Should be able to change it to 30 days.

3. TheFixer

Thanks, but unfortunately that's the path I am following and it only let's me choose between 1 or 3 days. Those options are not very helpful for business email.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Odd, dunno then, sorry!

Try setting up the email account again and see if the option magically becomes available???

5. TheFixer

I spoke with Verizon & HTC today. Currently, there is no default option for viewing e-mail on ActiveSync beyond 3 days on the Incredible. The only solution I've found is an app called Touchdown. There is a free version and a $19 option. I downloaded both today and it seems to have solved my issues. Not only can you see past e-mails (1 week, 2 weeks, 30 days, all...) it also has more robust options. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to use the Incredible for business e-mail.

6. jratzo

jratzo Well-Known Member

Really??? I have These options on my exchange active sync account. Connecting to exchange 07 if that matters

1 Day
    3 Days
    7 Days
    14 Days
    30 Days
    all

7. TheFixer

On VZ's Incredible? Really? I spoke to several technicians today and all of them said it couldn't be done. Maybe I will retry it, but specify Exchange 07 this time. I'll let you know how it goes.

8. TheFixer

Just tried. It wouldn't let me specify what type of account. So I guess I will just keep using Touchdown.

9. jratzo

jratzo Well-Known Member

Yes really, what do you mean specify type of account? I click mail > Menu > More > Settings > Send & receive > Download past mail and I have all of those options. I have only 1 Day selected though.

10. jonw757

jonw757 Well-Known Member

Same thing here

11. TheFixer

From my Exchange ActiveSync Inbox: Menu>More>Settings>Send&Receive>Download Past Mail> 1 day or 3 days.

Maybe it is something unique to my employer's email server? I also spoke with 2 VZ reps and 1 HTC rep and all 3 said there was not a way to get more than 3 days of past email with ActiveSync mail on an Incredible.

Hmmm...

12. 1omaudio1

1omaudio1 Member

Bummer you are so limited. I just switched from BB and am surprised at some of the limits on Android. For me 30 days or All is a real bummer. On BB I had options to save 3mos, 6mos, etc. I wish I had this on Android.
    Also I miss being able to see SMS. MMS, and email all in same view. Also Android has no option to view all folders but leave out sent and deleted. It's always something.
    :/

Will check out Touchdown. Thanks.
    O