• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange ActiveSync changes settings on it's own accord

marysia

Lurker
Nov 17, 2010
The ExchangeSync in my HTC Desire hasn't exactly been flawless but after several hard resets and countless adding and deleting of exchange accounts it's been working all right for a while now. Sure, it does continues to sync a few times every day, though I've sett the sync to manual, but that I've learned to live with. But a couple of weeks ago it started to change my settings on it's own accord.

I only want my google contacts in my phone, so I've set the settings for my exchange account as follows:
Schedule: Manual
Sync mail: checked
Sync contacts: NOT CHECKED
Sync calendar: checked

But even though I perform no manual sync on my exchange account hardly a day goes by without my exchange contacts suddenly appearing among the google contacts.

If I then look at the settings for Exchange ActiveSync in Accounts & sync the "Sync contacts" is checked. Every time this happens I uncheck it and clear the data from Contacts Storage in Manage applications. My google contacts are then eventually synced and everything is as it should be for a few hours or a day, or till I restart my phone. And then the exchange contacts appear again...

Does anyone have any advice? This erratic behaviour of my phone is driving me crazy.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones